Pop Ups not working.

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Pop Ups not working.

Postby Hades » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Lately I'm having some problems with pop ups. Some times, Info/data don't load and everything is empty ( ) ( ) ( ), in other players it may take a while (from 5s to 30s) but usually they start working. But on Hero pop up is a different history, no matter how I wait, if is not working is not working. Some times I reset HUD or stop/start import hands and it solve it, but not allways.

Right now I'm using one pop up group with several tabs, but also several minor pop ups bound to one stat each. Could be that the problem? Anyway, when that happens, I've tried with some default HUDs, with default pop ups and that doesn't solve the problem.

[ img ]
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Pop Ups not working.

Postby kraada » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:46 pm

How large is your database roughly?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Pop Ups not working.

Postby Hades » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Not much, is new since ".ES age" and I just played a few MTT and Sits, but 0 cash so is pretty small. I also tried vacuum, reindex and such but keep having same problem.
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Pop Ups not working.

Postby kraada » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Try rebuilding the cache and let me know if that helps.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Pop Ups not working.

Postby Hades » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:19 pm

kraada wrote:Try rebuilding the cache and let me know if that helps.



I already did it, but I've tried again anyway, and same problem. I created a new DB to do a fast test with just a few hands, but still have same problem.

Today I played one MTT and found that is Hero pop up what corrupt the others. I mean, if I check a pop up from Player 1, it works, same with 2, 3, etc... but when I click on my HUD, then I got a pop up without data, all ( ) ( ) ( ) and from that moment, the ones from other players stop working too. In fact, most times HUD stop refreshing after that and I need to restart it.

I deleted all my custom HUDs/Pop Ups in case anything was wrong, but problem is still there, and not only while playing "live", it happens also on replayer.

I haven't played cash hands since .es, but I tried with one of ".com databases", then replayer and click on pop ups and evertything is fine. But... if I do the same with MTTs/SNGs, then, well... guess what :P The minute I click on my pop up, they all stop working.

Honestly, the fact that I can't see my pop up is not a big deal, but better if it works.


If you need me to send a ticket with logs, etc... just say it.

Thanks
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Pop Ups not working.

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:41 am

Please export your Hud profile and attach it to a Support Ticket along with a few hand histories for hands where you can reproduce the problem in the Replayer. Thanks.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Pop Ups not working.

Postby Hades » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 pm

I fixed it :mrgreen:

Since I already tried to delete HUDs, pop ups, create new DBs, etc... I decided to do uninstall/reinstall. So, I did back ups of notes, DBs, HUDs, config files... I installed it and... had to uninstall again, because I forgot to delete files in C:\Documents and Settings\user\......................\PokerTracker 4 [ img ] which means I already had everything configured. Anyway I tried to see it was fixed, but error persisted.

I uninstalled PT4 again (this time for real) and I don't know why, but my pop up worked again. After that, I imported some of my HUDs, reports, checked again and seems to works fine. No clue what happened but the classic&fixeverything uninstall trick worked.

By the way, after reinstall I had to configure rooms again and as you know, right now PT4 can't auto detect Partygaming rooms in .es (both Party and Bwin), and there is a typo on 'Warning' text, because it mention twice PokerStars instead of Party (See Picture)

[ img ]

Back to the original issue, I did copies of all Config files before uninstall it. So if you need it, I can send you all logs and check if anything was wrong.
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Pop Ups not working.

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:10 am

Thanks for the update - I'll pass on that incorrect error message to the development team to be fixed.

What path are your hand history files being saved to now?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Pop Ups not working.

Postby Hades » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:03 am

WhiteRider wrote:What path are your hand history files being saved to now?


I have them in other partition, but default are:

C:\Archivos de programa\PartyEspana\PartyPokerES\HandHistory
C:\Archivos de programa\bwinEspana\bwinPokerES\HandHistory
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Pop Ups not working.

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests