Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kilued » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:05 pm

I set up a new desktop PC and now do imports of my hands. Mainly/only tournament hands.

System is working fine for importing hands, something between 30-80 HH/s ;)
BUT....

2 things:

1) Sometimes import just freezes. The info box is not doing anything anymore, and no hands are imported.
After 20 minutes of no action I did Stop getting hands and restart import, but then it tells me, that there is already an import which has to be finished.
Closing pokertracker is also not possible of this reason.

2) My main issue
After importing hands, the tournaments will be "processed". I don not know what will be done in this particular procedure, but it takes way too long.
For example,
importing hands ~ 15k in 4 minutes
processing Tournaments over 2 hours.

System:
- Win7 64bit
- Intel Xeon 1320 v2
- 8GB Ram
- ssd drive

Can i adjust something to speed this up?
kilued
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 am

Re: Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

(1) During this step Auto Detect is being run on your tournaments. This can take some time but it should finish and things should be fine once it does.

(2) This is the going through the tournaments and detecting the tournament type. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to speed it up at this time, but it is something we would like to make run faster if at all possible.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kilued » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks for the fast reply,

even if the answer is not satisfying me too much.
Still Processing, 4 hours now and going.

However, now I know this is normal.

Another question to issue no1
As I thought Pokertracker is not operating anymore but blocking me of doing new imports, i did close the software via the task manager.
Did I harm the system/database in anyway now?

If this is a normal situation, an information or procedure status bar or something would be helpful.
Otherwhise people like me ;) will just close the software somehow and are frustrated of the freeze, which will happen again.

Thanks again
Regards Kai
kilued
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 am

Re: Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:40 pm

It shouldn't harm the database but you probably want to run Auto Detect manually on your tournaments. You can do this via the Enter Results window by highlighting all tournaments and clicking the Auto Detect button. You'll get more feedback in that window so you'll know where things are in terms of processing.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kilued » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:36 am

Hi kraada,

thanks again for the fast reply.

I tried again to import some hands, selected several files to be imported.

Info box:
09:53:27 am: Importing files from disk...
09:53:38 am: Import file: F:\PC-PC-Save\...\file.txt

Import status:
no changes and still calculating the remaining time.

First file was not imported yet and this status is up for 1.5h now and I did not touch anything.
I checked the task manager and pt4 is active somehow and uses specific % of cpu.

questions:
Last imports started immediately to import hands and calculating the remaining time.
Is it now doing the auto detect function?
Is the the file no accepted in some way? (by opening the file it looks fine though)

(I will keep it on now for some more hours to see if something will change somewhen.)

Can I find out what pt4 is doing at the moment?
Did someone else have problems of importing some/a few files and could solve it?

As I only write anything when I do have some problems I would like to say, that you all did a great job and pt4 is gorgeous software! ;)
Thanks for that.

Regards
Kai
kilued
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 am

Re: Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kilued » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:40 am

As still nothing has changed till now I checked the resource manager. Maybe this could help?

pt4 in cpu usage. Clicking on analysis it tells me:
"Minimum one thread is waiting for completion of Network I/O"

In Network I see that pt4.exe did the following
Sending: 61.380.000 B/s
Receiving: 288.833 B/s

What will be sent? An to where/whom?

Cheers
kilued
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 am

Re: Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kilued » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:37 am

Edit:
Sending Receiving will be done with postgres.exe.
Still communicating but no further action visible in pokertracker.
kilued
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 am

Re: Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:04 am

Something definitely does not seem right. How large is that text file? Would you be willing to zip it up and send it to us via our support system?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kilued » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:59 pm

The file size is 1.5 MB, but bigger files have been imported already.

I just sent a file via the support ticket, but forgotten to zip it :/
I trust you take the file sent confidential and for testing porposes only ;)

Crossing fingers you find something to help me out.
kilued
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 am

Re: Import Hands -> Processing Tournaments

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:57 pm

That's fine - we can take files of 5M and smaller without zipping. We keep all submissions completely confidential and use them only for support purposes. Thank you for submitting the file - it will help us in improving PT4 for everyone.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests