Memory usage

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Memory usage

Postby rambo00007 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:31 pm

I have just got around to trying out PT4 beta. I selected during the setup wizard to import my existing PT 3 database which has around 1.3 million hands. Once the import was complete the first thing i wanted to look at when PT 4 loaded up was "View stats" I waited around 20 minutes and it still hadn't finished populating the overview so i thought i would select one of the filters to only show hands for this year which only comprises of 125,000. Even that took around 10 minutes to complete. I ended up having to reboot my PC as I noticed my memory usage was over 97%. After I rebooted I started taking note on my memory usage before loading PT 4 which was at 40% (I have 4 GIG of ram) upon loading PT4 it remember my previous filters to show only stats for this year and while it was populating my memory usage shot up from 40% to 97% why is it taking so long everytime, should i of used the database housekeeping and re-index the database after the inital import of the hands during setup or somthing? One other problem i noticed is that after it had finsihed loading in the stats my memory usage stayed at 97% so i thought by shutting down PT 4 it would free up my memory which for the record seems to be using an awfull lot but even once PT 4 had shut down my memory stayed the same. I left it the computer for around ten minutes and when i came back it still hadn't dropped and PT 4 was no longer running or so I thought, i brought up my task manager and noticed PT 4 was still running and the indicated amount of memory it was showing it was using was not all that much so i killed the process and my memory went back down to 40% Not sure what is going on with that

edited, i made a type about the amount of ram i have, i said meg meaning GIG which i hope would of been an obvious typo
rambo00007
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Memory usage

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 22, 2012 4:00 am

That doesn't sound right - PT4 shouldn't use that much memory, or at least not constantly.
As a general rule you don't need to run housekeeping manually as PT4 handles that for you, but if something failed in the initial import it might help so you could help.
If that doesn't help please restart PT4 and view one of the reports that takes a long time then attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\ (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket so that we can see what is going on.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Memory usage

Postby rambo00007 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:25 am

During the initial import there was some errors with about 100 hands, such errors were things like invalid stack size or pot size, can't remember which is was now but that was all really. I'm not sure why i would of got such errors since they are hands that are obviously already stored in the PT 3 database.

I have submitted my log file with a report on the steps i carried out along with observations.
rambo00007
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Memory usage

Postby kraada » Tue May 22, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks, we really appreciate it.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Memory usage

Postby Dutchraise72 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:03 am

I experienced the same. After starting PT4 the memory use goes sky high.

I created a new ticket (122140) with a movieclip and pokertracker log.
Dutchraise72
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Memory usage

Postby kraada » Wed May 23, 2012 8:44 am

Thanks, the more of these we can get, the better.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests