Live table stats

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Live table stats

Postby COKE_MAN » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:14 pm

What happened to them? My HUD had things like Table - Prior Hand 1 - winner, Table - Prior Hand 1 Pot, Table - Players per Flop. When I import from PT3, these are all converted to text fields and I see nothing in the stats list that would match these to add them back.
COKE_MAN
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Live table stats

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:21 am

We don't yet have many built-in live stats, although more are planned. Stats which are built into PPT3 but don't have a direct equivalent in PT4 currently convert to text (as you're seeing) but this will be addressed at some point. For now, the live stats will need to be rebuilt if you don't want to wait for the built-in versions to be added. It isn't something I've looked at in great detail yet, but they should work in basically the same way, and there are a couple of live stats in PT4 to give you an example to look at.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Live table stats

Postby COKE_MAN » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm

I took a shot at rebuilding the ones I used, but maybe someone there can tell me if I am on the right track...

In PT3, you used the built-in function live_table_history_stat(column, hands) and that would return the values needed to build live table stats. Looking over the 2 existing live stats in PT4, it appears that function has gone away and the values are pulled straight out of the table live_cash_table/player (or tourney if so inclined). So, to pull the winner of the last hand and the pot of the last hand, I just built columns called live_table_last_winner and live_table_last_pot and these pull data from live_cash_table.winner and live_cash_table.amt_pot respectively. Then my imported PT3 stats were modified to use these new columns. Is that correct? It is pulling the data that is in those table and displaying, but I am not able to fire up a live table right now. Will the live_cash_table always just have the last hand info in there or is it going to be cumulative and require more processing?

The 3rd stat I used in PT3 that I cannot yet see how to recreate was the player per flop value. In PT3, this was done with a variable that took the number of players and the number that saw a flop for the last 5 or so hands, divided that and then averaged. So I had a running score of the PPF on a table. I see cnt_players and cnt_saw_flop in the live_cash_table, but with no live_table_history function (assuming this new table is always just the last hand as mentioned above) I really have no way to get an average over the last X hands. Is that correct? Not a big deal if that can't be done right now, I really doubt I use it that much at the moment, but while I am taking the time to tackle some of these workarounds, I might as well hit them all.
COKE_MAN
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Live table stats

Postby COKE_MAN » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 am

Quick note. Played a long session tonight. As long as I only had one table open, these worked. If I had 2 or more, they not only would not update, but the Hud groups over each player disappeared one at a time per hand until they were all gone. That or they would simply not update. Clicking reset from the HUD menu brought them all back and with what ever the current values should be. Best guess is that the app gets confused over these stats when more than 1 table queries them and , as I mentioned in my other thread, the top level HUD errors and then stops processing the rest of the HUD items.

I removed the Table HUD group and all items populated correctly and very fast I will add.
COKE_MAN
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Live table stats

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Could you please export and attach those stats you built to a support ticket for us? We would appreciate it.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests