Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby COKE_MAN » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:04 pm

As I play around with this and modify stats or hud settings, etc I am seeing that I need to restart PT4 for some of my changes to be seen (adding color conditions for example). In PT3, I would get a warning that I needed to rebuild the cache to use the modified stats. Do we need to do things like that in PT4? Maybe it gets rebuilt when we restart? I see there is a rebuild cache button on the DB management screen. I guess I am just looking for a little guidance on how the cache management is implemented in PT4 and what we need to look out for.
COKE_MAN
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:24 pm

The cache is built invisibly and behind the scenes - you do not need to rebuild it regularly or, we hope, at all. We tried to minimize the level of user interaction simply because we thought it was awfully annoying.

What exactly are you doing that requires PT4 to be restarted?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby COKE_MAN » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:56 pm

I thought that was the case with the cache. Definite improvement if it proves reliable.

Right now what I am having to restart PT4 for are things like changing a color condition on a stat and having it show up in the HUD. The ole "color one stat based on the value of another" thing. So, if I go into the stat definitions and change, say, Player, to change colors based on VPIP, I have to restart PT4 for those effects to show in the HUD

There were a couple of other things requiring a restart that I can remember off the top of my head. When I run into them next, I'll make a note and report back.
COKE_MAN
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks, I'll make a note to look into this. That isn't intentional behavior - it sounds like a bug to me.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby COKE_MAN » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Still unsure about the cache rebuild. I have several stats that are not displaying in the HUD correctly. My HUD is set up in groups, so I have a group for everyone and a group for hero. Some stats are in both. They are populating for the hero, but not populating for everyone else. It is almost like the cache is not fully populated for everyone but since hero stats are session only they get filled quickly. However, these stats will show in the regular tracker reports so that really makes little sense. I tried to rebuild cache, but it estimates 5 hours to finish. I've lost 2 nights messing with this, probably won't mess with it anymore. I may let the cache rebuild over night and try again later, but for now I am about done
COKE_MAN
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:25 am

Are these custom stats which aren't showing up for your opponents?
Custom stats aren't cached in PT4 so will take a little longer to display, but they should still appear.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby COKE_MAN » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:28 am

That could be the case as some of these are custom stats. However, something as simple as player name with custom color codes is not showing wither. Just to test that, I put another player name with no colors on it and that doesn't show either.

After letting the cache rebuild overnight I see no change, so you are probably correct that it is custom stats that are taking a long time to load. How can we speed this up? Will it have this delay every time the HUD is loaded? If so, that is unacceptable and unusable.
COKE_MAN
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby COKE_MAN » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:36 am

I just thought of something. I have refresh rates set on the HUD with 4 distinct segments based on number of hands. The largest one is set to only refresh every 20 hands. Could this be an issue? Maybe when the HUD loads up the first time it does not refresh these stats until is sees 20 hands?
COKE_MAN
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby COKE_MAN » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:40 am

Nevermind. Removed all the refresh rate groups and no change.

Let me also mention that on the playername with the colorcoding I mentioned above. The stat is also used in a popup. It displays there just fine. Just not in the main HUD. I also have another stat coded the same way in the main Hud that displays correctly, so I doubt this one has anything to do with the data not finishing loading. The custom stats, maybe.
COKE_MAN
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Restarting PT4, rebuilding cache, etc....when

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:42 am

Good spot! Let's rule that out first - if you remove all of the Refresh Rates do the stats display?
When you add them back in, be sure to cover all numbers of hands with your ranges. If you miss out zero, for instance, then stats for new players will never update.. (i.e. never appear)
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tonyyng and 29 guests