Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby philip77 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:47 am

Hi,

I think that the "Quick filters" are not saved properly. It look like it changes the "OR" for and "AND" when you load it again.
For example I made a filter that was: Top pair on Flop OR Top pair on Turn, saved it, and when I loaded it again I got Top pair on Flop AND Top pair on Turn.

Another thing on the saved filters, is that the list appear in the historical order you saved them, I think it would be more convenient to have them in alphabetical order.

Thanks
philip77
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 am

I'm not seeing that behavior with that specific QuickFilter - please note there are going to be a couple of ANDs appearing when you make that filter as it will be:

((Made One Pair on Flop) AND (Made One Pair On Flop Using One Hole Card Top Pair)) OR ((Made One Pair on Turn) AND (Made One Pair On Turn Using One Hole Card Top Pair))

and there are two "AND"s in that which might be leading to confusion.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby philip77 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:14 pm

No there is no confusion, it really changes the OR to and AND.
When I saved it, it is only one big square, but when I load It again it comes in two squares linked by an AND. How could I send you a picture of my screen to help understand?
philip77
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:35 pm

That's very odd. Does this happen to you when you save a new quick filter? If you could test for me with a couple of other filters and saving a new quickfilter I'd appreciate it as I can't seem to reproduce this on my end.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby wangtangkiki » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 pm

It sounds like you may have saved it before you selected it to be an "OR" filter.
You should try to delete it, then use the exact same filters with the OR filter. Save it to see if the problem replicates because I've used the OR function in a Quick Filter I saved for a while, although this could be a bug with the newest version. I'm only on .13 beta
wangtangkiki
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby philip77 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Ok.
I hhave the same problem with another one I create just for testing.
Here is what I saved (and I just made a Ctrl-C copy of the description, you se before selecting the filter):

(Pair on Flop Any Pair) OR ((Turn Paired the Board) AND (Pair on Turn Any Pair))

And here is a reproduction of what I get when I load that filter:

Pair on Flop Any Pair X
AND
(Turn Paired the Board) AND (Pair on Turn Any Pair) X

I hope you can understand what the problem is.

Thanks
philip77
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby philip77 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Here is another interesting example.

I tested first : ((Faced All-In) OR (Raised All-In)) Preflop.
And as expected I got:
(Faced All-In)
AND
(Raised All-In)

Then I tested: ((Faced All-In) OR (Raised All-In)) AND (Player Won Hand)
And this time it was correct as it loaded:
(Faced All-In) OR (Raised All-In)
AND
Player Won Hand

I hope it will help find the problem.

Regards
philip77
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:28 am

Ah - I see what you're doing..

You don't mean that the filter is wrong when you select it from the quick filters list in the main window (it seems OK there to me, and I suspect that's what the others were looking at) - it's wrong when you re-open the More Filters window and access a previously saved quick filter by clicking Edit Quick Filters (is that right?).
I see that behaviour too.
I will report this to the development team to be fixed. If you want to get a notification when the fix is released please open a Support Ticket with a link to this thread and I'll link you into our system.
Attachments
2012-04-06 09h23_06.png
(57.72 KiB) Downloaded 1758 times
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby philip77 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 am

That was exactly what I was doing. Sorry not to explain it correctly from the beginning.
philip77
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Problem with the saved "Quick Filters"

Postby philip77 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:52 am

When I was saying about the alphabetical order, I was also referring when you opened it from the "more filters" "edit filter".
In the Quick filters they are obviously by alphabetical order.
philip77
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 am

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests