HUD disappears while playing

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HUD disappears while playing

Postby BlackPersian » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:47 am

Hey there,

PT4 was running really smoothly, but now I have my first problem. Today I started my session like always: PT4 Beta 1.13, Win7 x64, Pokerstars, Ongame, iPoker, Party. Nothin changed, no updates, nothing. When I start PT4 and run the report,the HUD shows up but then disappears after 15secs or so. Restart HUD isn´t working and when I restart PT4 its always the same. I played the last days daily long sessions with this setup and had zero problems. I didnt even reboot the computer from yesterday to today. So really nothing changed. ^^

I am already playing and thats a bad timing for this bug. ;)

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

BlackPersian
BlackPersian
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: HUD disappears while playing

Postby BlackPersian » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Oh, import seem to run.

When I restart PT4 and run import again, the HUD shows up. It seems, that it stops, when the "View import status" tab shows this:

05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77995970308) from 537484682 37
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77996008726) from 537484682 37
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77996070092) from 537484682 37
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77995925013) from 537484682 37
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77997834579) from 566010324 9
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77997752992) from 566010324 9
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77997814704) from 566010324 9
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77998386972) from 537484703 1
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77998362226) from 537484703 1
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77998456477) from 537484703 1
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77998436807) from 537484703 1
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77996257936) from 537485195 18
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77996177555) from 537485195 18
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77996240232) from 537485195 18
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77996134462) from 537485195 18
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77997774573) from 537485195 21
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77997821378) from 537485195 21
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77997732626) from 537485195 21
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78000033351) from 537485195 17
05:57:17 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77999934405) from 537485195 17
05:57:18 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77999980707) from 537485195 17
05:57:18 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78000007471) from 537485195 17
05:57:18 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77999694552) from 566010324 95
05:57:18 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77999886296) from 537499757 30
05:57:18 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77999902414) from 537499757 30
05:57:18 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77999943079) from 537499757 30
05:57:18 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#77999972372) from 537499757 30
05:57:18 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78001227389) from 537486230 18
05:57:19 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78001114714) from 537486230 18
05:57:19 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78001165535) from 537486230 18
05:57:19 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78001193459) from 537486230 18
05:57:19 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78001058124) from 537485195 23
05:57:20 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78001107889) from 537485195 23
05:57:20 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78001144922) from 537485195 23
05:57:21 pm: PokerStars: Hand observed but not imported (#78001186464) from 537485195 23


The thing is, there are no more HH in the Stars HH and Summary folder and this message comes again and again + HUD disapperas after it. Import seem to keep working after it.
BlackPersian
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: HUD disappears while playing

Postby kraada » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Please make sure you have PokerStars set to have hand histories in the Options --> Instant Hand History area - it sounds like the hand histories aren't saving at all (or PT4 is not pointing at the right directory).
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HUD disappears while playing

Postby BlackPersian » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Obv. Like I said: I played yesterday exactly with this setup and the day before, and the day before. ;) Everything worked, nothing changed and it keeps importing like I said as well. Please read my posts again, if you are not sure, what I mean. ;)
BlackPersian
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: HUD disappears while playing

Postby kraada » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Sometimes that setting can be lost when PokerStars has an internal update, which is why I asked.

Please reproduce this problem and attach your PokerTracker4.log file (you can find it by clicking File --> Open User Data Folder in the main PT4 window) to a support ticket and we'll investigate for you further.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HUD disappears while playing

Postby BlackPersian » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Allright, will do. When I ve finished my session, I will reboot and try again. Then you will get the logfile if its still there. But its not just Stars. Every room gets the HUD short for some seconds and when the "observed hands " msg shows up in PT4, HUd disappears.
BlackPersian
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: HUD disappears while playing

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:54 am

We appreciate it - the log will give us a lot more information about what is going on behind the scenes here.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HUD disappears while playing

Postby BlackPersian » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:48 am

kraada wrote:We appreciate it - the log will give us a lot more information about what is going on behind the scenes here.


Sent it in before I went to bed. I rebooted now and just ran PT4 and the import without any Pokerroom. Now the import message is gone and it might work normally today - dunno.

But still would be nice to know, what is/was going on.

Thanks a lot!
BlackPersian
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: HUD disappears while playing

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 pm

We'll take a look and get back to you via the ticket - thanks!
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HUD disappears while playing

Postby BlackPersian » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks.

Just for your information: Reboot fixed it! :) Then I played, like always POkerstars, Ongame, iPOker and Party. I busted a Pokerstars table and and didn´t close it instantly. So PT4 began again to import oberserved hands and the HUD again disappered. But this time a PT4 restart fixed it (just stop and restart import/HUD didnt work).

So, there must be a bug. ;) Let me know, if you need anything more and please tell me what you´ve found.
BlackPersian
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 89 guests