Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows
Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators
by kingrax » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:40 pm
Ok. So I have 2 PT4 DB's ...
the first one is hands i personally played which is where my auto-import goes to when i play and use the hud.
the second one is bought from a www. and contains a much larger number of hands (about 8x bigger than mine)
Now...some of these hands are identical ...some of the bought hands i actually played in and i have them in my DB already.
Others are totally different. Anyways many plyers are the same in both DB's ...however their stats are DIFFERENT
PLAYER A has 20VPIP in my DB with 100k but the same player has 16.4VPIP in the DB I bought with 1mil hh ...
So how does this work ? You get it that all his stats are different since the hand sample is different ? Also the autonotes might be different a lot.
How does the HUD handle and process these when i SET IT TO USE BOTH DBS to display info ?
which one is diplayed or is there a new aggregate one made in such a case where same player has different stats due to different volumes of hh in different DBs ??
I am really confuse now :D
-
kingrax
-
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 pm
by kingrax » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 pm
to make it more understandable:
MY DB has only what i personally play so far 200 000hh from 1-jan til 22-mar
BOUGHT DB had 1 mil hh from 11-mar till 17-mar (obviously hands i played personally and have already in MY DB are also in this DB ...about 120k i guess)
What stats do I get ?
cmon no one has this dilemma ?
-
kingrax
-
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 pm
by WhiteRider » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:36 am
The HUD will show combined stats from both databases - if the same hand is in both databases you will get "double" stats for it. It just isn't practical to check for duplicate hands across separate databases.
-
WhiteRider
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 54025
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
- Location: UK
by kingrax » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:25 pm
Ok I kind of get it but ...
1.I have personally played ALL hands in MY FIRST DB
2.I have played in 10% of the 2nd BD which was bought (THE 10% HANDS are allready in MY FIRST DB)
cant i manually select to PURGE all hands from my bought DB in which player "X" (here being me) was seating/playing ?
(I imagine these double stats might casue weird data since we are talking really really small DB's here)
I am worried about all the stats but mostly about those like MY C WON and ALL IN ADJ MY C WON
POTENTIAL PROBLEMS EXPLAINED
Let's say I went all-in vs player "Y" 2 times PF in MY FIRST DB - > I won 1 time lost 1 time
if this hand were to be in both DB both me and Y would get double stats for it ...it's allready a problem but a small one but
Let's say I went all-in vs player "Z" 6 times PF in MY FIRST DB - > I won 5 times lost 1 time
now if 3 of these allin PF i won were included in BOTH DB's and counted TWO TIMES this would STRONGLY affect his real MY C WON and probably his AI ADJ too BY A LOT ! because now the total is I won 5+3=8 and he still only won once from this encounter (without calculating the other hands that will be added to his stats from the bought DB)
So any chance of PURGE FOR PLAYER X ? :D:D
(I am SURE many PPL are in this situation ! we all play and most of us BUY DB's) The more some1 plays in such a scenario the less accurate his stats might become so a solve would be great. Thank you for reading
-
kingrax
-
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 pm
by WhiteRider » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:34 am
You can purge all sessions for any player – so you may want to remove your own sessions from the second database.
From the menu choose Database > Purge. If you need to change the active player you can do that at the bottom of the window, then click the first session and shift-click the last session then click Purge Sessions. Note: in a large database this can take some time so please schedule it when you can let it run to completion.
-
WhiteRider
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 54025
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
- Location: UK
Return to PokerTracker 4
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests