Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Postby Hades » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 am

I've had this problem at least twice, it happened when I hitted refresh while playing Zoom. Then instead of rows and columns, there is an error message.

[ img ]

Edit: Since is nearly impossible to read lines in that size img, but I can't post it greater than 800px wide. I add link to a bigger one.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2881k00&s=5
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:25 am

If you see this again please attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\ (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket so that we can see the full error.
Thanks.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Postby Hades » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 am

This was a minor problem, I just had to refresh and solved. But now is worst :/ Yesterday I had problem with HUDs, restarted computer and PT4 several times and nothing. Then I found that 'By session' and 'By date' tabs didn't work. There is a neverending "Populating..." That makes PT4 very slow and after 3-5 mins. soft. get hanged.

I even had a crash message from PT4 and sent my report. I'll send my .log file now and I'm going go uninstall/reinstall to see if I fix it.
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Postby Peligroso » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:15 am

Great, please do send us the log file in a Support Ticket so we can investigate it further. Do the other tabs work correctly?
Peligroso
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:51 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Postby Hades » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:01 am

Peligroso wrote:Great, please do send us the log file in a Support Ticket so we can investigate it further. Do the other tabs work correctly?



Yes they do, or as least the few I could test. Like I said everything go slower than usual, is like "click" *waaaaaiiiiit* and in ~ 5 min. I have to kill PT4 process, because is hanged. I'll tell you if reinstall works or not.

Edit: If this is of any help, I started using PT4 from zero, without import any hand or DB. Yesterday I decided to import some hands (like 2-3 months) to test import speed and also added FR reports from this thread: https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 1&start=20 In theory that shouldn't be a problem, but is the only thing different from previous days, so I mention it just in case.
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Postby Hades » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:57 am

Update:

Fixed, it seems it was a problem with DB.

I reinstalled PT4, but since I didn't delete folder in C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\ I guess that was pretty useless. But before do a complete wipe and reinstall again, I decided to test something. I created a new DB, set it to active and delete the other one. Like I said before, it was a clean DB without old hands, until yesterday when I imported a few thousands.

I got PosgreSQL v9.0.7-1, Any compatibility problem with PT4?
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Postby Peligroso » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:18 am

Hmm, no, PostgreSQL 9.0.7 should be fine. Good to hear that it's running again, but please let us know if this happens again and attach your log file to a ticket as we'll have to investigate further.
Peligroso
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:51 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Postby Hades » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm having same error again, I mean the original one, not PT hanged. Most of times is something like this ( http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ugo5dg&s=5 ) and a couples of times I had these messages: "Conection Lost to DB", "Invalid PostgreSQL Connection Object" (or something close to that).

Main problem is, this affect HUD too, so is not like "I can't see my session, let's hit button until it works". Like I said I used a new/clean DB, also postgres and OS were installed like 2-3 weeks ago, and I got all .NET, etc updated.

This may be stupid, but yesterday we changed to summer time in Spain and I see several times "time zone", etc.. mentioned in that error. Could be that I need to change something on Settings about Time Zone in PT and/or Poker Client? I know sometimes there are problems with things like this, but not sure if this is one of them.

I won't send .log file again, cause you haven't replied yet. Unless you want me to send it again or any other thing.
Hades
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Spain

Re: Error on Statistics/Advanced/By Session while playing.

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:41 am

Problems connecting to PostgreSQL can be caused by a firewall, so please check our Firewall Guide.
If you already have a ticket open that's fine – we'll get back to you there. Please bear with us as we were a little shorthanded over the weekend, and we currently have a large volume of support requests due to the new public beta of PT4.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests