Page 1 of 2

Graph is not built

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 am
by savnn
Hello,

I installed PT4.0.12 beta and imported hands from PT3 and HM. After ticking 'Graph' button I do not see the graph, but a part of sql query in red color(see attachment)

Re: Graph is not built

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:31 pm
by kraada
Unfortunately the entire text of the error is not displayed there - please attach the PokerTracker4.log file to a support ticket so that we can investigate further for you. You can find that file by clicking File --> Show User Data Folder in the main PT4 application and the file is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is there. Note though that if you've closed PT4 down you'll need to get this error again before sending us this log so that we can see the full error text.

Re: Graph is not built

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:54 pm
by savnn
Hello

i didn't find how do create a ticket, so attaching log here

Re: Graph is not built

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:01 am
by WhiteRider
To create a ticket click on "Support Ticket" either here or in kraada's post, or via the "Support" link at the top of the page.

Your log indicates that the PostgreSQL connection has been lost - that could mean that the PostgreSQL service was stopped. Please check our Firewall Guide as that is a common cause of issues like that.
If that doesn't help please attach your log to a Support Ticket and one of our support techs will work with you to sort out the issue.

Re: Graph is not built

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:14 am
by WhiteRider
Please try this first:

I also notice that you have a very old version of PostgreSQL (8.4.1). Several issues have been fixed in PostgreSQL since then so please update to the latest 8.4 version - currently 8.4.11. The Directions here refer to 8.3 but the process is basically the same.

Re: Graph is not built

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:15 am
by savnn
Thanks for your reply. I tried to install the latest 8.4.11 Psql version, but didn't find binaries for windows at http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.4.11/

can I install the latest postgresql (v9) and connect it with pokertracker? can the database work on another host?

Re: Graph is not built

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:06 am
by WhiteRider
You can get the download from here: http://www.postgresql.org/download/

You can use PostgreSQL 9.0 with PT4, should you wish to upgrade, but you'll need to create a new database - if you're just starting out with PT4 that shouldn't be an issue though.
We do not yet recommend 9.1, although it seems that the latest version should be OK - personally I'd go for 9.0 at the moment.
If you install a new version alongside your existing version choose a different port number during the install so that you can use both services and choose which by using the right port number.

Re: Graph is not built

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:54 am
by savnn
I've followed instructions for upgrading the DB. I installed latest 9.0.7 version. Then made backup from pt4 "database management" menu, created new DB and connected to the new server(using different port). Then made restore from backup.

All the operations ran smoothly. But after restarting PT4 I do not see ANY data.
Using PgAdmin I browsed restored DB and found that table 'player' is empty. 'cash_cache' is empty too.

So looks like data wasn't actually restored.

Re: Graph is not built

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:32 pm
by kraada
How large is this backup?

Re: Graph is not built

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm
by savnn
~40 Mb