Feature Requests

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Feature Requests

Postby Mahlzahn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi,

I am currently testing PT4 coming from HM2 and there are some things that I'd like to see implemented in the future.

1. More default HUD Pop ups like stat-related Pop ups for Aggression, Showdown, General Postflop Pop up, 3bet Pop up etc.
2. The possibility to switch between Pop ups once you have opened one. Like in HM2 where you open i.e. the flop pop up and can choose from all other pop ups you are using in a general tab on the top of the popoup. This list should be customizable as well.
3. Database maintenance options such as vacuum/analyze/reindex etc. functions in HM in order to increase postgresQL performance...

I just started testing but these were some things I recognized so far. If I have any more ideas/requests, I'll add them here in the future :)

But really good work so far. looking forward to updates and the final version :)
Mahlzahn
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 am

Re: Feature Requests

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:16 pm

We are actually doing the database maintenance behind the scenes already for you - you don't need to worry about it, we take care of it.

Regarding the popups - we do have a huge variety of different statistics on our differing tabs. Are you aware that there are 5 default tabs to choose from? If you click Preflop, Flop, Turn or River along the top of the popup window you'll get a different popup tab with all new stats for you on those tabs.

Please note to open the popup in PT4 you need to click on the on table group - we do not consider tooltips (what you see from hovering over a stat) to be popups (what you get when you click). Once you click you'll see the whole world of stats I'm talking about :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Feature Requests

Postby Mahlzahn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 pm

I know that i do have to click on a stat in order to open a popup. However, the 5 pop ups already available (Tools, Preflop, Flop, Turn, River) are all quite big with loads of information which is good for a genral overview but confusing when looking for one specific situation. What I'd like to see are some more specific, smaller popups for certain stat groups (like i.e. Showdown, Aggression, 3/4/5bets etc.) focusing only on these dynamics showing less general but more specified information and thus less but more concise statistics. If I only wanna know villains 3bet tendencies I dont need the whole array of preflop stats included in the preflop popup. I hope you understand what I mean :)

Furthermore, it would be great, as I said, if i could switch between my popups in the popup itself. Take a look at the attached screenshot from HM2: You can see a cbet popup and at the top of the popup a menu where i can easily open all other popups I am using...thus I don't have to close one opoup before opening another one and can instead easily switch between them :)
Attachments
HM Popup.jpg
(40.56 KiB) Downloaded 834 times
Mahlzahn
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 am

Re: Feature Requests

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:10 am

Mahlzahn wrote:Furthermore, it would be great, as I said, if i could switch between my popups in the popup itself. Take a look at the attached screenshot from HM2: You can see a cbet popup and at the top of the popup a menu where i can easily open all other popups I am using...thus I don't have to close one opoup before opening another one and can instead easily switch between them

That is exactly what PT4 (and PT3) does - note the tabs along the top of the popup:

popup tabs.png
(83.24 KiB) Downloaded 792 times

You have full control over which popup groups are linked to each on-table group, so you can add as many or as few as you like.

As a new option in PT4 you can also link a popup to an individual stat now, instead of to the whole group. This limits you to a single popup per stat, but the idea here is that you're looking at specific information related to that stat.
To do this, add your new popup group as normal, and then from within the on-table group select the stat you want to link it to and select your new popup in the "Popup" property of the stat.

single stat popup.png
(23.06 KiB) Downloaded 809 times


You can add as many popup groups as you like, with whatever stats you like. Click on the "Popup Groups" tab to get started.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Feature Requests

Postby Mahlzahn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:56 am

Alright, got it :) The mistake I made was that I've assigned specific popups (like preflop, flop, tools etc.) to all the stats in my HUD. Thus, there wasn't the tab to switch between different popups.

One thing though: Is there a possibility to assign a specific popup to a stat and still get the tab to switch between popups when opening it? Because if I assign a specific opoup like i.e. the preflop popup the the VPIP stat and click on it to open the popup, it looks like in the attachment. There's no option to switch between popups. This option is only there if there is no specific popup assigned to the stat...
Attachments
popup.jpg
(105.36 KiB) Downloaded 807 times
Mahlzahn
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 am

Re: Feature Requests

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:19 pm

No, there isn't - you can only assign a single popup to an individual stat. When this option was requested it was because people wanted a more specific popup with more information related to the stat they clicked. If you want lots of information on separate tabbed popups then you'll need to link all of the popups to the group rather than individual stats.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests