position data

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

position data

Postby antneye » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:51 pm

I noticed somethign that I think may be a problem for logic when looking at position.

I play a mix of FR and 6 Max. when I look at my overall hands by position I see many more hands listed as UTG than I would expect since I play more 6 max than FR. So my Q is how do you determine position? If I am first to act in a 6 Max game I would think my position would be measured based on me being 3 seats off the button, and not as UTG. Can you clarify? There is a big difference in my vpip if I am 3 off the button vs 6 off the button as I am in a FR game and I am not sure if this is being captured properly.
antneye
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: position data

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:19 pm

For position related stats in the HUD we use absolute values - so that at a 6max game or smaller there is only one position per group and further if a player is missing (5 handed) the furthest from the button is lost (so at 5 handed there is no "EP", at 4 handed no "MP" and so on). For 7-8 handed it is a little different - there are two MP and one (or two) EP. For 9-10 handed there are three MP and two (or three) EP.

For the positions report the grouping appears to be different - that is based there on absolute position off of the button, so you see "UTG" whenever you are first to act, regardless of how many players are at the table. If you want to see this report for only 6 handed hands, you can filter for that in the More Filters section and then you will be seeing all and only similar data.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: position data

Postby antneye » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:58 pm

kraada wrote:For position related stats in the HUD we use absolute values - so that at a 6max game or smaller there is only one position per group and further if a player is missing (5 handed) the furthest from the button is lost (so at 5 handed there is no "EP", at 4 handed no "MP" and so on). For 7-8 handed it is a little different - there are two MP and one (or two) EP. For 9-10 handed there are three MP and two (or three) EP.

For the positions report the grouping appears to be different - that is based there on absolute position off of the button, so you see "UTG" whenever you are first to act, regardless of how many players are at the table. If you want to see this report for only 6 handed hands, you can filter for that in the More Filters section and then you will be seeing all and only similar data.


Yeah..I kind of figured I could filter for 6 players to see my true VPIP at a 6 max table...but how would I see it for FR without it being skewed by the 6 max play? Is there a way to filter for players >6 which would eliminate 6 max from the results?

Sorry for such a newbish q...still learning my way around PT.
antneye
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: position data

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 pm

No problem - everyone needs to learn at some point! There is such a filter. Click More Filters, click Hand Details and then Number of Players. Change the number dealt into hand to between 7 and 10 and turn it on and you're all set.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests