HH issue

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HH issue

Postby antneye » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:17 am

Guys,

This is not necessarily a PT4 issue, but I didn't know where else to put it. I am hoping that your relationship with Merge Network can help fix a bug that affects HH's. Merge saves HH's by table name and date played. The result is that if you play a session on a given table, and then play a second session on the same table during the same day the HH get's overwritten. The solution is for the HH to be extended, not replaced.

I only noticed this because I have been trialing PT4 and then updating my HEM d-base. I could not figure out why I had discrepancies until I noticed that the original imports had more hands in the case of tables that I played on twice in a day. Upon further inspection I noticed that the discrepancy was always the fact that the first session at the table was overwritten in the HH.

My notes to Merge have always resulted in being dismissed by their customer support, so maybe you will be more lucky.


Thanks
antneye
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: HH issue

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:12 am

If you import your hands in PT4 and then stop the get hands while playing process the file in question will be moved to the processed folder. If you need you can then reimport that elsewhere - but when another file with the same name comes along later, that first moved file is not overwritten we just append _1 (I believe) to the filename. So you may in fact have both files due to the way we handle the hand histories.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HH issue

Postby antneye » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:38 am

kraada wrote:If you import your hands in PT4 and then stop the get hands while playing process the file in question will be moved to the processed folder. If you need you can then reimport that elsewhere - but when another file with the same name comes along later, that first moved file is not overwritten we just append _1 (I believe) to the filename. So you may in fact have both files due to the way we handle the hand histories.


That makes sense, but typically it is a case where that is not occuring. Let's say I am playing for 4 hours. I may be on a table initially, then leave when the table turns bad....then I return at some point later in the session when the table get's good again. I have always been importing because I am still playing. Unfortunately merge overwrites the hand history which loses the prvious information. Yes, it is in PT4 correctly (which is why this isn't a PT4 issue) but I have now have incorrect HH info.

This is a Merge issue, but they won't listen to me....hoping they will listen to you :)
antneye
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: HH issue

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:11 pm

I see what you're saying - that is unfortunate. I'll make a note of it and see what we can get done for you.

At least you do get the right data in PokerTracker though - and if need be you could always export the hands from PT and get the data in text form that way.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HH issue

Postby StevenM » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:52 pm

antneye wrote:
kraada wrote:If you import your hands in PT4 and then stop the get hands while playing process the file in question will be moved to the processed folder. If you need you can then reimport that elsewhere - but when another file with the same name comes along later, that first moved file is not overwritten we just append _1 (I believe) to the filename. So you may in fact have both files due to the way we handle the hand histories.


That makes sense, but typically it is a case where that is not occuring. Let's say I am playing for 4 hours. I may be on a table initially, then leave when the table turns bad....then I return at some point later in the session when the table get's good again. I have always been importing because I am still playing. Unfortunately merge overwrites the hand history which loses the prvious information. Yes, it is in PT4 correctly (which is why this isn't a PT4 issue) but I have now have incorrect HH info.

This is a Merge issue, but they won't listen to me....hoping they will listen to you :)


I just performed a test by playing 10 hands on Merge, then returned to the same table 45 minutes later - then hands were not overwritten - I could not reproduce your issue. Can you please perform the same test I did, over a 4 hour period, and then get back to us with the results? We need evidence to take to Merge, we have a very good relationship with the developers but we still need quantifiable evidence to back up our point of view in order for them to take action.

There is one other possibility. PokerTracker and HEM move hand histories into the processed files folder in different ways. PokerTracker performs the move after you stop importing hands, while HEM performs this move after a period of time has elapsed. If you cannot reproduce the issue using my testing method above, then you might want to look into HEM's moving method as the possible cause. For obvious reasons we cannot test HEM therefore we need to leave this in your hands, please share your results with us. Thanks!
StevenM
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: HH issue

Postby antneye » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:56 pm

StevenM wrote:
antneye wrote:
kraada wrote:If you import your hands in PT4 and then stop the get hands while playing process the file in question will be moved to the processed folder. If you need you can then reimport that elsewhere - but when another file with the same name comes along later, that first moved file is not overwritten we just append _1 (I believe) to the filename. So you may in fact have both files due to the way we handle the hand histories.


That makes sense, but typically it is a case where that is not occuring. Let's say I am playing for 4 hours. I may be on a table initially, then leave when the table turns bad....then I return at some point later in the session when the table get's good again. I have always been importing because I am still playing. Unfortunately merge overwrites the hand history which loses the prvious information. Yes, it is in PT4 correctly (which is why this isn't a PT4 issue) but I have now have incorrect HH info.

This is a Merge issue, but they won't listen to me....hoping they will listen to you :)


I just performed a test by playing 10 hands on Merge, then returned to the same table 45 minutes later - then hands were not overwritten - I could not reproduce your issue. Can you please perform the same test I did, over a 4 hour period, and then get back to us with the results? We need evidence to take to Merge, we have a very good relationship with the developers but we still need quantifiable evidence to back up our point of view in order for them to take action.

There is one other possibility. PokerTracker and HEM move hand histories into the processed files folder in different ways. PokerTracker performs the move after you stop importing hands, while HEM performs this move after a period of time has elapsed. If you cannot reproduce the issue using my testing method above, then you might want to look into HEM's moving method as the possible cause. For obvious reasons we cannot test HEM therefore we need to leave this in your hands, please share your results with us. Thanks!


I should be able to reproduce it naturally but it may take a few weeks for it to happen again. Will defintely revisit this if I see it again. I appreciate the prompt response.
antneye
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: HH issue

Postby StevenM » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:10 pm

antneye wrote:I should be able to reproduce it naturally but it may take a few weeks for it to happen again. Will defintely revisit this if I see it again. I appreciate the prompt response.


When you attempt to reproduce this please make sure that both PokerTracker and HEM are not importing hands. Good luck, I hope you can find the cause!
StevenM
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 pm


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests