the left and right side of an operation must be compatible

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

the left and right side of an operation must be compatible

Postby Parket » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:40 pm

I imported my HU SNG HUD profile into PT4, and my Effective Stacksize panel is producing this value while playing : "the left and right side of an operation must be compatible" rather than the number of big blinds it is supposed to show.
The variable is defined as follows : "min(var_live_amt_stack,var_live_avg_stack*2-var_live_amt_stack) / var_live_amt_bb" which correcty validates and saves.

What's wrong ?
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: the left and right side of an operation must be compatib

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 am

I don't think that live stats transfer correctly from PT3 as the structure is slightly different. Have a look at how the existing live stats in PT4 are built and recreate the ones you need for your layout. If you have problems please let us know and we'll give you a hand.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: the left and right side of an operation must be compatib

Postby Parket » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:11 am

WhiteRider wrote:Have a look at how the existing live stats in PT4


Not sure if I correctly understand. The 3 stats that I use in my expression are already built-in live stats in PT4: var_live_amt_stack, var_live_avg_stack, var_live_amt_bb. So it's not like I need to build those stats. From the error message it more looks like there's a problem with using min(x,y) or x/y.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: the left and right side of an operation must be compatib

Postby Talsac » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:25 pm

I have the same problem and so far I have not found a solution :(
Talsac
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: the left and right side of an operation must be compatib

Postby Talsac » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:40 pm

I think the problem is the "var_live_avg_stack" variable.

Place the above (or "live_avg_stack") in a new definition and it wont validate.

The live stat "Live Avg Stack" uses "live_amt_stack" which is not the average just the stack size not unless I'm missing something?

But a quick fix (if you are playing standard HU SNG's) might be to replace "var_live_avg_stack" with 1500?

Something like this..
min(live_amt_stack,1500*2-live_amt_stack) / live_amt_bb
or just
min(live_amt_stack,3000-live_amt_stack) / live_amt_bb
Talsac
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: the left and right side of an operation must be compatib

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:10 am

I think there is a slight complication with the way that the live average stack variable is set up currently. I will make a note to check this out when I have a little more time. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: the left and right side of an operation must be compatib

Postby Parket » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:20 am

I looked into the database itself, and it does seem like there is an average stack field available.
You can then add it in PT4 as a new column 'live_amt_avg_stack' as follows : live_tourney_table.amt_avg_stack

Once this is done, the correct effective stacksize formula is : min(live_amt_stack,2*live_amt_avg_stack-live_amt_stack) / live_amt_bb
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: the left and right side of an operation must be compatib

Postby Parket » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 am

I'm still getting the error though, and it looks like it has nothing to do with the value to be displayed. I eventually simply had the constant '1000' as the value, and still got the error. It seems like the expression for the formatting was the culprit. Stupidly enough I no longer know what it was, as I changed it to 'Number' and then the 1000 showed up.
Now let's see if I can get that Effective Stacksize to display.

EDIT: yay, it worked !!!
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: the left and right side of an operation must be compatib

Postby kraada » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm glad to hear you got everything working!
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: the left and right side of an operation must be compatib

Postby PartyAnimal » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:38 pm

I was trying to configure the statistics and the "Live Amt BB" definition is
live_amt_stack / live_amt_bb
so it does not seem to make sense that "Live Avg Stack" would have a definition of
live_amt_stack :?

Will the PT4 developers be creating a live_avg_stack column (live_tourney_player.avg_stack?) or does each player have to try Parket's fix?
I think this wrong definition is why the average stack displayed in the HUD is usually wrong and keeps fluctuating even when there are no new players in the table.
WhiteRider wrote:I think there is a slight complication with the way that the live average stack variable is set up currently. I will make a note to check this out when I have a little more time. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
PartyAnimal
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 am

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests