Duplicate hands importing

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Duplicate hands importing

Postby antneye » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:51 pm

I tried this twice and got similar results.

First: Converted PT3 and HEM2 d-base into PT4 by accident. Although they were the same databases comprised of the exact same hands, PT4 imported everything and doubled my results.

Second: I created a new d-base and imported all hands that I had from a PT3 export of the same d-base. I then went to my 2012 play and imported all original HH's since I have them (but since PT3 trial expired in first week of January they were not all in the PT3 d-base). Thinking I wouldn't have an issue I simply imported all 2012 hands. When I checked the results I found that the small sample of hands that had been in the PT3 d-base for 2012 play were duplicated once again.

Conclusion: PT4 (for me) is not recognizing duplicates properly and is duplicating results in the d-base.

Has anyone else seen this occur?
antneye
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: Duplicate hands importing

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:19 am

What site(s) do you play at?

This could be related to the way that non-numeric hand numbers are handled - PT4 now stores them in their real format, whereas PT3 converted them to a number. It could be that hands like that are not being matched up correctly.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Duplicate hands importing

Postby antneye » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:31 am

WhiteRider wrote:What site(s) do you play at?

This could be related to the way that non-numeric hand numbers are handled - PT4 now stores them in their real format, whereas PT3 converted them to a number. It could be that hands like that are not being matched up correctly.


My present play is at Cake and RPM (Merge), but it sure appeared to have happened for my old play on Stars and Tilt in the example where I converted both PT3 and HEM2 d-base by accident. I delted the d-base though so I cannot confirm.
antneye
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: Duplicate hands importing

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks - we'll check it out.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests