Interface Issues, Bugs and Sugguestions

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Interface Issues, Bugs and Sugguestions

Postby SamApplegate » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:48 am

Interface Issue (minor):

Play Poker > Poker Sites & Networks > Configure > Hide Site From List

I only want PokerStars to be displayed in the list, in order to hide all other sites I must manually load up each one in turn and hide it.

Bugs:

View Stats > LeakTracker >

Fold to F Bet, Fold to T Bet, Fold to R Bet incorrect error bar display.

For Full Ring Low Stakes your video gives the values of 50.0% - 72.4% as being 'correct' for Fold to F Bet. However, the error bar looks more like 20.0% - 25.0%. Thus my expert :-) value of 62.32% is determined as a potential problem. I expect Fold to T Bet and Fold to R Bet are also incorrectly illustrated.

Sugguestions:

Play Poker > Get Hands While Playing > View Today's Hands

This is a great feature by the way. I find it useful to have an auto-refreshing list of previous hands when I'm 24-tabling with a stacked setup. You have various filters including Most Recent 100 Hands, Most Recent 500 Hands... etc, but I can't seem to only display the current sessions hands.

I've tried inserting a filter, but the session filter only applies to table sessions. I play for 2000-3000 hands, then I stop for 30 mins or so. I only want the list to display my current session as defined like this.

Conclusion:

Overall, I think PT4 is certainly an improvement. The new HUD setup is great. The HUD itself is better. The Launch feature and auto-refresh hand list is super. I personally don't like the LeakTracker because it will enable recreational players to improve.
SamApplegate
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Interface Issues, Bugs and Sugguestions

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks for your feedback!

The values for Fold to x Bet in LeakTracker are known to be too low - these will be fixed.

You can't filter "View Today's Hands" by time, but the last X hands will let you see only recent hands, as you noticed. You can see hands for individual tables on the View Active Tables page, or you can see hands for the current session (by time) within the main tracker, although that won't auto-refresh.

Can you explain the reasoning behind needing to only see hands played after your break? If there is a strong argument for this then it may be something that the development team could consider, although I don't know whether there may be any technical reasons why it couldn't be done.
I can understand that when you first start playing again you may only be interested in looking back at hands played just now, but I would think that once you get going if you're playing a lot of tables then the list would soon build up, and you wouldn't have time to go back through the list to review hands further back than say the last 100? i.e. Having the last 1000 or all hands shown wouldn't be all that useful, regardless of whether they were before or after your break?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Interface Issues, Bugs and Sugguestions

Postby SamApplegate » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks for your response,

Can you explain the reasoning behind needing to only see hands played after your break?


Let's look at this another way (as I didn't really explain it very well). There are two separate issues here:

1st - viewing individual imported hands in real-time.
2nd - viewing overall session profit in real-time.

What I'm saying is - you're absolutely right, 100 hands is a sufficient buffer to look back on in real-time. But I'd like a session profit stat during the import (which is what I was trying to achieve by filtering the hand display), perhaps next to NUMBER OF HANDS in the bar at the bottom. This can simply be profit/loss during current import. Perhaps actual profit / All-in adjusted profit.

What I usually do in PT3, is view the old 'Session's Tab, Change the display to 'Sessions - By Time', and every so often hit REFRESH to see how the current session is going. If this could be integrated into the import as described above, I think it would be a nice little feature.

I know - at the end of the day the profit is kind of irrelevant and we shouldn't be results-orientated. But at the same time it's good to know more information about the current import session, sometimes for example, I feel myself tilting as I know the session is going badly, then pop into PT3, hit refresh, and realize I'm actually only down 1 stack when I thought I was down like 4.. or whatever.
SamApplegate
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Interface Issues, Bugs and Sugguestions

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

You can see the PT4 equivalent of the Session - By Time report by choosing the Summary report from the drop down on the right and having it group by session. That will at least get you back to where you were in PT3, with the added benefit of being able to quickly see the recent hands in the View Today's Hands area.

You also have the Calendar report which can quickly let you see today's results overall.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Castilho023 and 15 guests