Page 1 of 1

Unable to contact registration server

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 pm
by Eske
Hi..
I have just downloaded and installed PT4. When I launch it, I count not register. It wrote

"PokerTracker was unable to contact the registration server to confirm the activation of your product."

I have tried deactivated my firewall (windows firewall), with no succes. My virus program is microsoft security essentials.

My internet connection works fine. And it is a windows 7 64bit. What can be the problem?

Re: Unable to contact registration server

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:55 pm
by kraada
We are aware of a few issues relating to international characters - do you have any international characters in your name?

Re: Unable to contact registration server

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm
by Xvolier
I have the same issue and I have international characters in my name

Re: Unable to contact registration server

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm
by kraada
Please PM me your name and email and I'll make sure this gets fixed for you (though please do try restarting PT4 and seeing if that works - it has been fixed now for a large number of our users).

Re: Unable to contact registration server

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:11 am
by Xvolier
It now works with the new update.

Thank you

Re: Unable to contact registration server

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:44 am
by Eske
It works now. I had to enter the regitration code manuel again. And not copy/paste it in.

Re: Unable to contact registration server

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 am
by kraada
Thank you both for following up - I'm glad to hear things are now working properly for you.