Page 1 of 1
Initial thoughts

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 am
by PokerPest72
Well, took me about 5 mins get my head around, i do miss the player icon rating but in general what an awesome bit of software.
Runs smooth as butter on windows 7 64bit, the importing hands from pt3 took a few seconds, took a few mins set the vector hud up correctly & anyone using pt3 should not find this software hard to use.
If anything it's hard to believe this is still in beta stages.
Really pleased :)
Re: Initial thoughts

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 am
by kraada
Thanks for the feedback!
We have plans for the replacement for AutoRate but we haven't yet had a chance to get them implemented. We're sure you'll love it when you see it though - it fulfills some items on my personal wish list going back years.
Re: Initial thoughts

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:21 pm
by Rmalc
I havent had a chance to use it at the tables yet, as its the first time I have used it so for most of the day I have been getting familiar with the database and configurations etc, its been so easy to set up and even imported the hand history I already had on my computer.
I have been playing poker for 5 years on line now and I am in total awe right know, just on reading through all my statistics (Not completely yet so many games and hands to look back on), and the last 2 hours going through the Leak tracker and videos associated with positions VPIP,PFR,etc etc and founds some good points in my games and more areas I need to improve.
I dont think I will be playing on line for a few days as I really want to get my head around all the info and look at ways to improve and then test it out when I know I have it set up properly.
As a first time user I think its brilliant it has all the information I need to improve My game, and cant wait to start.
How do I look at stats of other players or add filters for me to look at ones already in my hand History, or maybe I should just carry on going through the Help menu for that! as this is for beta feedback.
So far Loving it
Re: Initial thoughts

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:19 pm
by PokerPest72
kraada, can you give out any hints about what we can expect? you have me hooked now hehe ;)
BTW love the notes feature it's truly awesome, i just think pt4 is going to take allot of players to another level at the tables, i don't know perhaps a lucky day at the tables, who knows but boy I've hammered the Ops today :)
I feel like Clark Kent using pt4 :) It really is the next generation of tracking software 10/10
Re: Initial thoughts

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 pm
by kraada
I'm not sure I can give any details just yet since it's still in the development stage. But it will be much more powerful than we had before.
Re: Initial thoughts

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 pm
by dmyers1166
Imported 500k hands took a couple of hours to slog through them ..
Was able to navigate and find all the stuff, filters look good and I'm sure it will be second nature once I use it for a week.
Then I turned on auto-note taking OMG, that is freaking awesome and totally brutal to be up against without the same tool. I got to work on the rules for limit play, but that looks like some serious fun. Can't wait to get three bet by 17% and check what that range is for this villain .. and reviewing will be great to fix notes on the regs.
Only suggestion for notes would be to tab them not check box, {all}, then {street by street}, on other tabs. Some villains will have a not of notes and finding a call or fold on the river will take a moment, if I hit the river tab and could see 3barrel air 3x .. sure might get me to pay him off a bit more likely. :lol:
Incredible start can't wait to get it rolling and learn all the stuff I've missed so far. Hud looks good just got find all the stuff in the popups.
Re: Initial thoughts

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:49 pm
by lostinadream2
+1 I have got to say... PT4 is awesome!!! SOOOO much better than HEM2...
Re: Initial thoughts

Posted:
Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 am
by tarix
PokerPest72 wrote:kraada, can you give out any hints about what we can expect? you have me hooked now hehe ;)
Automatic + Something new in PT4 that didn't exist in PT3 :mrgreen:
Re: Initial thoughts

Posted:
Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 am
by BatsShadow
I've already found a few minor bugs, but doesn't matter... PT4 is great! So far, my favorite part is the automatic notes. Blew my mind when I first saw it. I've also been very impressed with the overall layout, especially the setup wizard when you first run. Great work, guys.