Page 1 of 2
PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:19 am
by vlk25
Hi,
I downloaded PT4 Beta but i dont install yet. It will my PT3 automaticlly updated to version 4 or PT4 is new software with new database ?
Sorry for my english.
Re: PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:55 am
by WhiteRider
PT4 is completely separate - the databases are separate too. You can run both independently - they do not interfere with each other at all (although of course if you run both at the same time it will be slower because your computer is doing more work).
EDIT: If you have both PT3 and PT4 set to 'Move Processed Files To' when you stop auto import then one could move the hand history files before the other has read them, so you may want to turn the option off in one or the other.
Re: PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:32 am
by superPT4
Hello, when already will appear РТ4?
Re: PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:45 am
by WhiteRider
We do not have a release date for the open beta yet, but if you follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or check our thread on 2+2 you just might get a beta code right now...
Re: PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:24 am
by PokerPest72
Hi all,
I was a HM2 user but just had to buy pt3 because of the free upgrade to pt4 if i brought it now after looking at the pt4 videos it was a must buy, i'm really desperate for pt4 i'm a right tech head and love all things beta.
Can somebody point out the 2+2 thread i cannot find it.
Re: PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:01 am
by Parket
Re: PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:31 am
by PokerPest72
Thanks dude 8-)
Re: PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:34 am
by Rmalc
3 questions
1/ I downloaded ok, but had problems getting the right postgreSQL to download ( I did eventually get a link from support), but after download of the version needed, it came with do I want stack builder? and it down loaded, I havent installed it as it was going to overwrite the version 8.4x, do I delete that version of stack builder or is that needed?
2/ I am trying poker tracker for the first time and when I click on the desktop icon all I get is "A version of pokertracker is running" and then closes, how do I open it to it set up?
3/ Do I have to purchase pokertracker to continue after the trial or pre before I use the trial PT4 beta
Re: PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 am
by kraada
(1) Stack Builder is not needed you don't need to worry about it. 8.4.x will work just fine with PT4 if it's what you already have installed.
(2) Is it possible you have it minimized? It minimizes to the tray - check for a green chip in your system tray at the bottom right hand corner of Windows.
(3) The PT4 beta preview is not tied to your PT3 code - you don't need to use a PT3 trial in order to test out PT4.
Re: PT4 Beta downloaded

Posted:
Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 pm
by Rmalc
kraada wrote:(1) Stack Builder is not needed you don't need to worry about it. 8.4.x will work just fine with PT4 if it's what you already have installed.
(2) Is it possible you have it minimized? It minimizes to the tray - check for a green chip in your system tray at the bottom right hand corner of Windows.
(3) The PT4 beta preview is not tied to your PT3 code - you don't need to use a PT3 trial in order to test out PT4.
Thank you for your help
one last question
I have been meaning to buy PT3 and although I am using the pt4 beta preview to see if I like it, if I purchase PT3 at anytime while testing will I have to remove PT4 beta preview first, because I am thinking of buying it in the next few days