Page 1 of 1

Change TEMP volume during backup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 am
by jiazu
[ img ]

How can I change this from my C drive (SSD) to my H drive (HDD)?

Re: Change TEMP volume during backup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:44 am
by tarix
We use the TEMP environment variable to determine which drive to use.

Re: Change TEMP volume during backup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:56 am
by jiazu
tarix wrote:We use the TEMP environment variable to determine which drive to use.

Is there any way I can change it?

Re: Change TEMP volume during backup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:58 am
by jiazu
Oh btw, I just noticed a typo in that screen, the word Avaliable should be available.

Re: Change TEMP volume during backup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:22 am
by random
jiazu wrote:
tarix wrote:We use the TEMP environment variable to determine which drive to use.

Is there any way I can change it?


Right click on (My) Computer and select properties. Go to Additional system settings, then go to additional again, finally find System variables at the bottom, and click on it. There you can see your TEMP specified, it's a system wide variable, all programs use it.

Re: Change TEMP volume during backup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:29 am
by jiazu
random wrote:
jiazu wrote:
tarix wrote:We use the TEMP environment variable to determine which drive to use.

Is there any way I can change it?


Right click on (My) Computer and select properties. Go to Additional system settings, then go to additional again, finally find System variables at the bottom, and click on it. There you can see your TEMP specified, it's a system wide variable, all programs use it.

Ahh I dig, thanks a lot! There wasn't a lot of space left on my SSD.