Couple of SNG/ICM/General observations

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Couple of SNG/ICM/General observations

Postby random » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:29 am

I started playing SNGs and I am finding PT4 difficult to use effectively, some problems and things I noticed:

1) Some SNGs were detected incorrectly which I reported already, but trying to manually fix them seems too cumbersome and overwhelming. Maybe if there was a wizard that would guide us through the process the first time at least. Maybe just have an option to import different SNGs and community could provide them?
(Tournament Structure Editor could have import>export too)

2) Is there really no way to have HUD show stats based on stacksize or even blind level? I cant find the option that's why I ask.

3) I tried using the ICM trainer and first thing I noticed is that the performance is incredibly poor. Taking 10-15 seconds between hands and in one occasion even more seems totally out of order.

4) ICM calculator for current hand is not available in replayer or right click on HH. Would like to see this integrated or if it is tell me how to access it.

5) For ICM of current hand (if its not already possible) would be nice to be able to go to ICM quiz with exact hand and give us different hands to play in that spot.

6) Tournament Results button:
button that appears on left side after you click Results tab is totally misplaced. One would expect it to be under Configure> (Edit )Tournament results.

7) Tournament results dialog:
a) Why are there two "Save" buttons? Is one supposed to only save half the dialog?
b) There is no cancel button inside Tournament Results. (Whole dialog looks a bit out of whack, but since it's beta I am hoping you just didnt bother with it yet)
c) Auto-Detect should have "…" next to it as it opens a dialog rather then auto-detects anything.
d) If we use Auto-Detect inside it's own dialog, there is no Cancel button if we are not happy with the results. "Cancel" button becomes "Close". (Warn user there is no going back then? +checkbox to hide warning)

8) If we click on a Stat left of graph (Results>Tournament ) ((Shouldnt this be called TournamentS?)) , we get a description. "Dismis Information" that appears on the button could be simply called "Back" (.. To Graph)

9) Not for tournaments, but if we look at graph in View Stats>$>Results or Statistics, I would like to see EV Adjusted stats as well as a line in graph (should be optional)

10) Actually while we are at it> If we look at Tournaments>Results>Hands for each tournament, All-in adjusted line would be nice. We could easily see if we got
sucked out on in the end for example or how we ran in the tournament without having to go through handhistories.

11) Considering "My currency" is supposed to be a big deal , I find it weird it doesnt get its own name in the menu, rather its hidden under "Currency". If you ask me, it should be under "Configure>My currency..."

12) Tools>Equity calculator
a) Before each player cards, text "Sel" appears in the button. This is not a standard short for Select from what I know. Considering there is plenty of room to the left, as well as to the right, I dont think you have to make it short at all. It looks weird.
b) Instead of Undo Last you could use back and forwards buttons like they are commonly used

13) Configure>Reporting Options should really be called "Customize Reports" or something along those lines.

I know some of these might seem very minor, but that's all I got right now.
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Couple of SNG/ICM/General observations

Postby random » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Too late too edit so here another thing.

Under menu "Tools" there is submenu for ICM. It would be more convinient and less hidden if these tools were just right there in the menu "Tools".
Instead of ICM submenu there should be horizontal seperator and "ICM Quiz" "ICM Calculator". In all other menus that are way more crowded you never opted to use submenu, everything except this is right there in the menu.

Please if you find all these minor issues reports useless let me know.. :ugeek:
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Couple of SNG/ICM/General observations

Postby kraada » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:50 pm

We very much appreciate your detailed feedback - it's a lot to process so we'll see what we can take from it, but please do keep it coming.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Couple of SNG/ICM/General observations

Postby Ruskie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:52 am

kraada wrote:We very much appreciate your detailed feedback - it's a lot to process so we'll see what we can take from it, but please do keep it coming.

One thing I would point out regarding the ICM Quiz is that I would like clearer "results": by comparing the check mark/red cross column and the user action colum I can tell which would have been the correct decision in each spot. But personally, I would find more convenient to have another column "ICM Correct action".
I find it easier to compare the latter two column rather than look at my action in the middle of the table and then moving to the first colum to see if it was correct.
Not a big deal, I know... just pointing it out as a desiderata.
Ruskie
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:16 am

Re: Couple of SNG/ICM/General observations

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks - I'll pass on your idea to the development team.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests