Page 1 of 1

Import Speed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 pm
by paradigm24
I was wondering what a good speed for manual importing hands is on PT4. I'm importing Merge 6max hands at about 90-110h/s. My computer is a Intel i7-2600k CPU @ 3.4Ghz, 8GB Ram, and 2 SSDs running on Raid 0. I noticed some prior posts with people getting speeds of about 500h/s with similar setups and was wondering why I am so much slower. Thanks.

Re: Import Speed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:59 am
by WhiteRider
Is this just for cash hands? PT4 isn't only importing the hands, it is importing any tournament summaries and doing housekeeping, as well as calculating all-in EV, etc behind the scenes.
One thing which is known to cause delays at the moment is use of the Automatically Apply Treat As option - Merge now include the table size in their hand histories so if these are recent hands then you could try turning Automatically Apply Treat As off in Site & Import preferences; that could make a difference to your import speeds until we can get this optimized.

Re: Import Speed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:19 pm
by paradigm24
These are entirely for cash hands. I turned off Automatically Apply Treat As and ran an import. It was at about 125h/s. I should also mention I'm running postgresql 9.0 and tweaked the conf file to some of the recommended settings listed in the "Make Pokertracker Fly" post for PT3.

Re: Import Speed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:58 pm
by kraada
125h/sec is quite impressive - remember you can't compare h/sec values from PT3 and PT4 because in PT4 housekeeping time is included; in PT3 you had to do that separately afterwards.

Re: Import Speed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:08 pm
by paradigm24
ok thats fine then. My new computer is a large improvement over my older one, I just wasn't sure what speeds should be.

Re: Import Speed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:19 pm
by tarix
Different sites and different file sizes also affect the numbers a lot.