Importing huge summaries ?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Importing huge summaries ?

Postby Parket » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

How good/bad an idea would it be in PT4 to import huge summaries ? E.g. the TCOOP is running now on Stars. I played event 1 which had about 45000 players. If I request the summaries by mail and import it in PT4, PT4 will quickly have hundreds of thousands of players in its database.

I'm asking because I don't want to run into the issue again that I eventually had with PT3 where some functions were almost unusable due to having over 1 million players in my database (see ticket 116859).
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Importing huge summaries ?

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:51 am

If you import it you can then afterwards purge players without hands from the Purge menu and that should get rid of the players. I agree this is a bit unwieldy though and in reaction to your post we have begun discussions about this kind of functionality on your behalf.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Importing huge summaries ?

Postby Parket » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:09 am

Are you sure ? ;)
Note that there was a similar discussion a few weeks ago wrt PT3 behavior. It turned out that Purge Players w/o Hands does not purge players with 0 hands that do show up in tournament results.

Anyway, I gave it a shot anyway and will see how smooth PT4 keeps running with tens of thousand players.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Importing huge summaries ?

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Well, it should - if it doesn't we need to know so that we can get that fixed.

Please keep us posted on the results of your experience.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests