Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby PJs Ronin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:18 pm

I seem to remember that in PT3 there were some options for a manual tourney summary import that did, or did not, overwrite tourney auto-detect data. That is, if we imported a requested tourney summary file from Pokerstars for the last 'x' tournies, PT3 would correct (if necessary) the auto-detected descriptions with whatever was contained in the imported file. Right?

I just imported a Pokerstars tourney summary file I requested (last 40-ish tournies) and I noticed that PT4 did not update the tournies I was currently looking at (yeah, I hit refresh). So I went looking for the import option that PT3 had, and couldn't find it.

How can I compel PT4 to update all the data for a particular tourney with data from a requested summary file? Do I need to?
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:11 am

We intentionally wanted to simplify things - but you raise some good points. We'll discuss this internally and reconsider our thought processes here.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby Parket » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 am

PJs Ronin wrote:PT3 would correct (if necessary) the auto-detected descriptions with whatever was contained in the imported file. Right?


Are you certain about this ? I've used the Mail Import feature a lot in the past for PokerStars, and for starters I don't think the summaries contain any information that wasn't already in the HH to begin with. So I'd be surprised that PT3 got information from the summaries that was missing or different during importing the HH.
Also, I'm almost certain that if I had manually updated the tournament type, that it did not get overwritten back to a wrong value when I did a summary mail import.
Or it might be that the mail summary Import acted differently from the local file summary import.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby Yogi Rob » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:35 am

Can you be more specific about what you need to override from summary files?

The Tournament Detection system was a late addition to PT3, so it required a lot of checkbox options to help coach the import process.

We've made a lot of enhancements In PT4 and we've found it to be MUCH better than raw site summary imports especially for PokerStars which gives minimal information about tables and descriptions. We've removed some user options and made the detection system simpler. It's also now an obligatory process when tourney hands are imported.

However, things like unknown prizes, player count, and other data that can not be ascertained internally still should update via a summary import.

There are a few checkboxes in the Auto-Detecting Tournaments dialog, from the "Auto-Detect" button. These can be used to coach the auto-detect system but if a summary is imported alone the Auto-Detect process does not automatically run.

If there's a bug that needs fixing we will address the problem ASAP. Detailed information with hand history examples will help a lot here.
Yogi Rob
Developer
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby PJs Ronin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Ok, I've recreated my db and put in the same settings (filters) as when I noticed the problem... here is the screenshot of the data that told me something was wrong:
Screenshot.png
(69.86 KiB) Downloaded 2492 times

This is filtered for tournies with buy-in of $3.11. In my case, this should only be MTT 2-table SnG and MTT 3-table SnG (for this date)... non-turbo, non-exotic. Obviously something hasn't been detected so I requested tourney summaries from Pokerstars. B4 I imported the summary file I selected the 'incorrect' tournies and hit them with auto-detect... no change. Here is my auto-detect settings:
Screenshot-2.png
(20.45 KiB) Downloaded 2516 times


After the import of tourney summaries email from PS (by the way, I did this as a cut and paste of data from the email into a txt file rather than import direct from email) and with the same date, same filter, here is the updated data:
Screenshot-1.png
(63.46 KiB) Downloaded 2467 times

No change.

Note. In recreating the db I didn't have all the original HHs (I was messing around in the HH folder with a new mouse, clicked and poof a bunch disappeared). I got round this by requesting all hands played this year from PS and imported them along with the HH that didn't go poof. Is this making sense?
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:53 pm

It makes sense - could you attach the hand histories for one of the tournaments that gets mislabeled to a support ticket for us? That would help us figure out what is going wrong in our detection process.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby PJs Ronin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Like I said, my HH got lost but I do have the hands sent to me by PS. I'll attach them, plus the tourney summary to a ticket and identify 3 tournies that PT4 didn't identify correctly. Hope that helps.

Ticket #117182
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby Yogi Rob » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 am

the "Rebuy" showing up in PS tourneys is due to missing hands in the history. This is a recent problem we're seeing in PS histories. I've written a good work-around to this in the upcoming release.

From the auto-detect dialog, you can select "MTT 2-Table" instead of the "MTT" if you want to use this as default when the system is unsure.

It has always been very difficult to distinguish between 2-3 & 5 table PS tourneys with non-unique buyins if you don't go deep. However if you're requesting a full post-game summary, subsequent auto-detection should be more reliable. I'll have more to say after I take a good look at your histories. Thanks.
Yogi Rob
Developer
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby PJs Ronin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:29 am

PokerStars Tournament #502584679, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $3.11/$0.39 USD
18 players
Total Prize Pool: $55.98 USD
Tournament started 2012/01/18 19:54:23 ET

Pokerstars does this for all SnGs I believe.
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Tourney Summary - Manual Import

Postby PJs Ronin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:32 am

Yogi Rob wrote:... From the auto-detect dialog, you can select "MTT 2-Table" instead of the "MTT" if you want to use this as default when the system is unsure....


The reason I have the default set to MTT is that I very rarely play MTTs, therefore if PT3/4 is showing me MTT as tourney type I'm pretty sure something's wrong.
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests