V4.01.5 Questions

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

V4.01.5 Questions

Postby PartyAnimal » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:05 am

I installed v4.01.5 with PostgreSQL 9.0 separate from my PT3 8.3 database, and I have the following questions so far:

1) Please make the ICM Calculator window resizable. It gets cuts off for vision-challenged players like me that use 120 DPI instead of 96 DPI.

2) How does one "Configure Mucked Cards" in the HUD? I'm only able to check it off or on, but not able to change anything.

3) Can the position of the "Avg Stack" (average # of chips in table) in the HUD be changed? It currently blocks part of Seat 9's cards. Ideally, it should be just below the "Level time left" line, e.g., row 4, column 1. How can I colour code this depending if my stack is lower or higher than average?

4) The definition of this "Live Avg Stack" stat is currently "Amount of money in a player's current stack, as calculated based on the result of the last imported hand." A more accurate definition would be something like
"Average amount of chips in player's current table, as calculated from the last imported hand
Formula: Total Amount of Chips in Table / Number of Players"?

5) The "Live Amt BB" stat is not as useful when there are antes. Please add the custom stat that was available in PT3 (Stack Size in Effective BBs) that adjusts for antes, e.g., Live Adj BB = var_live_amt_stack / (var_live_amt_bb + (( var_live_amt_ante * var_live_cnt_players ) * 2 / 3)).

6) A "postgres" login account now appears when I start my PC. How can I delete this from the login screen without affecting PostgreSQL?

7) Is it OK to have the Processed files saved in Program Files\Pokertracker4\Processed instead of the default Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\PokerTracker4\Processed?

8) Please add "MTT SATELLITE" to the tournament description drop-down menu. All PartyPoker tournaments with the word "qualifier" in the tournament name should be auto classifed as "MTT SATELLITE" instead of the incorrect "MTT REBUY" or just "MTT", e.g., "Winter Million Qualifier...". PartyPoker tournaments with both "qualifier" and "rebuy in the tournament name can be auto detected as "MTT REBUY SATELLITE", e.g., "$200K Gtd Sunday Qualifier Rebuy".
PartyAnimal
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 am

Re: V4.01.5 Questions

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:39 am

1) I'll make sure the development team see this - thanks.

2 & 3)
You can reposition things in the HUD either by holding the control key down and dragging them, or select "unlock" from the PT-icon menu and then dragging to position before selecting "lock & save".
We should be able to make this as a custom stat but I can't just get it working right now. I'll investigate.

4) The name of Live Avg Stack is a bit misleading, I agree. The description is correct given how the stat is built, and if you use the stat to a Table Averages group it should work as you expect. I'll mention this to the devs and see if we can get the name changed.

5) You can import custom stats from PT3, so give that a go for the stat you're interested in.

6) If you want to hide the 'postgres' user from the login window, you can do that by following these instructions.

7) That should work, although generally writing "user" files to the Program Files folder is not recommended as there can be permissions issues.
You can certainly move the Processed folder, though.

8) Please attach an example hand history file to a Support Ticket and we'll see what can be done about the auto detection rules.
In the meantime you can add new types to the list by clicking "Add Description" in the Edit Tournament Results window. You can create any description you like there, and reclassify tournaments.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: V4.01.5 Questions

Postby PartyAnimal » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:09 am

WhiteRider wrote:1) I'll make sure the development team see this - thanks.
Please make all sub-windows resizable, e.g., "Report Wizard" window.
3) We should be able to make this as a custom stat but I can't just get it working right now. I'll investigate.
Any luck with colour coding the "Avg Stack" HUD stat?
5) You can import custom stats from PT3, so give that a go for the stat you're interested in.
This effective BB stat is important for games with antes. Can it please be added to the PT4 default stats, just like HM2 has a "Tourney Adj BB" default stat available in their default tournament HUD?
8) Please attach an example hand history file to a Support Ticket and we'll see what can be done about the auto detection rules.
I have submitted a PT3 ticket. Should I still submit a ticket to PT4 Support?
PartyAnimal
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 am

Re: V4.01.5 Questions

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 am

What is your ticket number?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: V4.01.5 Questions

Postby PartyAnimal » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Ticket/item # is 116492.
kraada wrote:What is your ticket number?
PartyAnimal
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 am

Re: V4.01.5 Questions

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:57 am

Your ticket has been passed on to the development team to see if the auto detect rules can be improved - thanks.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: V4.01.5 Questions

Postby PartyAnimal » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 pm

WhiteRider wrote:You can import custom stats from PT3
I imported my PT3 advanced tournament HUD into PT4, but I get the following error message for the "Stack Size in Effective bbs" custom stat that was provided by kraada:
"Expression: Parameters on the left and right side of an operation must be compatible".

The value expression for this custom stat is:
var_live_amt_stack / (var_live_amt_bb + (( var_live_amt_ante * var_live_cnt_players ) * 2 / 3))
with four custom variables. When I changed this to:
live_amt_stack / (live_amt_bb + (( live_amt_ante * live_cnt_players ) * 2 /3 ))
and tried to validate it, I got the following error message: "Invalid Value Expression." Please help.
PartyAnimal
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 am

Re: V4.01.5 Questions

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:44 am

I believe that kraada is aware of issues with converting his HUD, but I will make sure.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: V4.01.5 Questions

Postby kraada » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 am

I'll look into this and make sure it gets fixed, thanks.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests