Some bugs and comments

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Some bugs and comments

Postby random » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Graph tab
1)All other tabs that have graphs, when we zoom in, filter text appears at the bottom, with a link to unzoom / clear all filters. This is missing in Graph tab.

More filters
2) Button positions are inconsistent with rest of the PT4 and whole Windows ecosystem. Those buttons are supposed to be at the bottom of the window. I am talking about Cancel / Add to Filter / Save & Apply Filters. As it is right now I really dislike this dialog window, because of its weird design that looks completely out of place. (Icons, switches, font styles are not used anywhere else in PT4). (I already heard you like ipad)
3) Why is button called "Save & Apply Filters" (Should be called "OK". In Hud Profile Editor, you have button OK and not button "Save & Apply Hud profile" for example.
4) If you click More Filters, and then click Cancel, you come to "hidden" place. Cancel should close to dialog and there should be additional button called "Back" I think.

Filters
5) If you use filter from pull down menu to the left (Game/Date/Stake/Bet type), you dont get clear all filters button. If you set all 4, you have to manually clear every one of them by clicking pulldown, selecting "all ____", repeat 4 times. - Quick Filter button does get such button to clear filters for example.

Hud>Hud Options
6)Buttons at the bottom are OK Apply and Close. I believe there should be Cancel instead of Close. (you use Cancel in most of the other settings dialogs)

Cash Game Hand & Player analysis
8) PT4 looks very basic when it comes to this. To me it looks like this part was very neglected. Sure you have My reports, but that is "just tables". Sure we can look at stats in million different combinations and using various filters. But it's exactly same as in PT3 or even PT2.
I would like to see things that will HELP me analyze players and hands. What am I talking about?
9) When I go through HH replayer or list of villains in PT4 (which is (for now?) totally missing in PT4 without using custom report) I would like to be able to click on villain for example and be able to see his "report". Does he 3bet too much (more than average for example), is he losing in xx spots and so on. (Something like LeakTracker for opponent that would run on the fly and tell us stats that are way off)
10) Another thing I would really like to see is Line Analysis. This is something I have previously seen in a tool called "Rangemaister" and now in HEM2.
Basically when we are in hand replayer(possibly live play) for example, we can at any point check what villains range for taken line is. It's a set of filters, that are automatically set at the point we decide to analyze the hand. For example (Villain coldcalled preflop, called cbet, minraised turn, shoved river). (Obviously customizable so we can manually check different scenarios )
And right there we can see he played 10 hands like this, and we can also see (5/10 times he had set, 3/10 he had completed draws, and 2/10 he had busted draws) --- Important thing here is that we are still right there with our replayer and reports opened. (these filters have no affect on our own filters etc.)

Statistics>
11) When using Report: Holdem Hand Range Visualizer, there is 1 big thing missing for me. Do we really have to click on every single square to see if we are winning or losing with the hand? You already have Range and Value views, add "BB/100" view (for example) and color squares red/green.
12)When we click on a square to see Hands, PT4 automatically filters for hands that are clicked on. Say we are looking at VPIP. Now when you click on AK, we can see VPIP 100% (even though its 91.7 for me for example, but PT4 automatically filtered for VPIP100 for this stat), I would like to see also 1200hands/1100 matched (or whatever its called)
13) There are MANY hidden gems in PT4. Just now I found out I can also use any custom statistics as a Heat Map for Hand Range Visualizer.
Maybe another thing you are not consistent with. Here we get a little wrench to add more stats, Filters for example have text button "More Filters..."
14) If we add a stat manually to Hand range visualizer, we get this awkward scroll bar as list of stats gets bigger. We lose the wrench icon if we scroll, as well as the title on the top. Id suggest to exclude tittle+wrench from scrolling region. Also if PT4 window is resized vertically and there is enough room in the column, scroll bar remains as the list doesn't resize.

I know some of these might be already suggested/reported but I just want to see where you guys are at with them and if there was any progress or decisions made.
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Some bugs and comments

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:26 am

Thanks! Some excellent points/suggestions there - the development team are definitely already aware of some of these, but I will make sure that they see this post and your ideas will be considered. We appreciate your feedback - keep the ideas coming. :)
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests