Filters resetting every program start?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filters resetting every program start?

Postby Furo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:58 am

Is this possible that the filter dont reset every time I close the program? In PT3 I always just wanted to see my daily winnings so it was great that the filters were fixed and didn`t reset. When I start PT4 now I always get the overview of all of my hands although the Date filter was on "today" before.
Furo
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:04 am

Re: Filters resetting every program start?

Postby pzameki » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:38 am

I like that idea too and was used to it in PT3.

It seems overall that since you decided to develop a new product almost from scratch (which offers great new functionality where it does) you are omitting many little details, that are even impossible to list but made PT3 much better than HM, and made it impossible for me to transfer to HM when i thought i wanted to.

This is one of these little features that you don't even notice until it's missing.

I think you might be undervaluing that people like what is familiar to them, and making a completely new interface with all these changes might not be much appreciated by your existing user base. It's just like making people switch from Windows to Linux. Although Linux is obviously the better system (in many ways), the change in interface, and "system logic" just makes it impossible and not worthwhile to many

Regards

PS. I think if you posted my comment as a poll, it might turn out that more people think that way. And they might also think that: yeah, they will HAVE to get used to PT4 b/c of the many great new features", but are you aiming at "HAVE TO get used to it" with your existing customers?
pzameki
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:18 am

Re: Filters resetting every program start?

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 am

We plan to add this functionality into PT4 - this is not a permanent design change. I can't confirm exactly when it will be added but I do know it is on our list.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Filters resetting every program start?

Postby Furo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks, thats nice to know
Furo
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:04 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests