Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby Parket » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:59 am

I just installed PT4 and had it go through a 12h+ import of my PT3 database.
Now, when I go look at my stats in PT4, there are several issues :
* I only seem to have PokerStars tournaments. None of my other results are there. Also, for other players the same problem. When I Search For Player, I only get results for players on PokerStars.
* The import seems to discard all tournament descriptions. All of them were 'n/a' in the Tournament Desc column.
* Most tournaments are missing the winnings as well. The weird thing is that all of them are prior to a specific date. After that date, there seem to be results, although I'm not sure if they are accurate. It also shows at the graph, which for the first 3/4 is a constant downslope, and then all of a sudden it becomes a genuine graph.
* Not sure if related, but I first had to manually link all my accounts again. This time I chose to alias to my Stars account (instead of to my Party account in PT3).

I'll now try to reimport everything again and first see if I have the results, prior to aliasing.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:32 pm

What other sites are the tournaments for?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby Parket » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:30 pm

* Full Tilt
* PartyPoker
* Unibet (MicroGaming)
* Poker770 (iPoker)
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:26 am

I wouldn't expect the aliases in PT3 to play a part, although that is possible for tournament results - I'll have to do some tests. Aliases are not automatically set up in PT4, so you will need to reapply them.

What is the date before which everything is wrong, and after which it works? (Roughly is fine if you can't tell exactly)

Please let us know what happened when you transferred again, once you've done it.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby Parket » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:23 am

I redid the import, without now aliasing any accounts. The results are the same.

For PokerStars, all tournaments prior to Jun.1, 2010 have a negative "My C Net Won". Also, the last tournament in the list is from Dec.9, 2010. I compared with my PT3 database, and apparently all 2011 tournaments are missing. PT4 shows 3586 tournaments, PT3 shows 4276. When I filter in PT3 to show only the ones since Jan.1 2011, I get 686 tournaments. 3586+686=4272, so apart from the entire 2011 missing, there are also 4 other random ones missing (too hard to find which ones, obviously).
A similar thing can be seen for my wife's statistics (which sit in the same database). All her results prior to Jun.1, 2010 are negative. And the last bunch of tournaments are missing as well, although the cutoff data here is Jun.15, 2011. And going by the numbers, there are a few random other ones missing as well.
Never played cashgames there.

For PartyPoker, I do have my cashgame hands, although about 1% seems to be missing. However, none of my tournaments are there.

For FullTilt, all my cashgame hands are there and the results are fine. Again, none of my tournaments are there.

For MicroGaming, almost all cashgame hands are there (17 missing of 20k), but again not a single tournament.

For Cake and iPoker, my account is even missing altogether in PT4. However, I never played cashgames there, so it might be consistent with all tournaments missing for the above 3 sites.



Also: is it 'normal' that all the tournament types are gone ? The Tournament Desc shows 'n/a' for all tournaments. It would s*ck quite hard to loose those when migrating, as I spent quite some time setting those correctly in PT3 (wherever the Auto Detect wasn't accurate).
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby Parket » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:09 am

Just realized something: does PT4 auto-exit after importing a PT3 database ? I let the import run during the night, and recall from the first time that it looked like the tournament import was going to take 12+ hours. However, this morning, after my second try, it wasn't running anymore after less than 10 hours.
On both occasions however, PT4 was no longer running. So maybe it actually crashed/aborted while importing ? I just had a look in the Data Directory, but I don't see any log files that might help.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby Yogi Rob » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 am

Parket- did you use the Convert from Setup Assistant or did you manually export from pt3 /re-import to pt4?
Yogi Rob
Developer
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby Parket » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:32 pm

I used the Convert from the Setup Assistant.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby Yogi Rob » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Parket wrote:Just realized something: does PT4 auto-exit after importing a PT3 database ? I let the import run during the night, and recall from the first time that it looked like the tournament import was going to take 12+ hours. However, this morning, after my second try, it wasn't running anymore after less than 10 hours.
On both occasions however, PT4 was no longer running. So maybe it actually crashed/aborted while importing ? I just had a look in the Data Directory, but I don't see any log files that might help.


This would explain the problem. PT4 does not auto-exit so it must be failing during the conversion process and it never finishes.

Although you mention you see nothing in the logs, we'd still like to take a look at them. In PokerTracker4.log, the final line that starts with "[ImportStatus] Import file: ..." will probably name the file that caused pt4 to improperly exit mid-conversion. If you see this in the log, please submit this file (It should be in a TempExport" folder), along with the log.

We really need to isolate this problem and fix it immediately.

Question: are you low on hard drive space on the drive that contains your local PT4 data (log files, etc)?
Yogi Rob
Developer
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Issues with importing PT3 tournaments

Postby Parket » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:17 pm

I have about 40G available on my server's C: drive which hosts the database. Is that enough ? After the migration, I had about 30G left...
I also ran the PT4 client there to do the migration (as that machine is on 24/7). I could also run PT4 on my main desktop and run the migration there while leaving my desktop on overnight.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests