Page 1 of 1

HUD popups being lost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:45 am
by PJs Ronin
So, after taking StevenM's advice here https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 58&t=37122 I built some new HUD profiles and attached some modified popups. Then I updated to beta04 and now I find that the popups for my modified HUD have reverted back to the one with errors. Is this making sense? If so, how do I stop the reversion?

Re: HUD popups being lost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:01 am
by WhiteRider
Can you explain exactly what you did so that I can try to reproduce it?
Updating shouldn't overwrite the popups, of course, and if that is happening we'll need to find out why so that we can fix it.

Re: HUD popups being lost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:58 pm
by PJs Ronin
Damn... I knew you were going to ask that.

lemme think on this

Re: HUD popups being lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:29 am
by PJs Ronin
Ahuh!! Think I found it, maybe.

Yesterday, my HUD popups were fine (not that I look at them often). Today, I had the hanging tooltip problem (there are other threads about this) and had to close PT4 via windows Task Manager. Got back to playing at the tables and was checking stats for an idiot/fool/villain and noticed that the popups had reverted to the incorrect version again.

Could not replicate just by TM killing PT4.

Re: HUD popups being lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:40 am
by WhiteRider
Hmm - I'm not sure why the profile file would change unless it was being edited at the time (and not even then, really).
Is it still in this incorrect state?
If so, please attach the layouts.pt4 file from the "Data" folder in C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4 (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket, preferably along with a version of the file with the "correct" profile. You may have a layouts.pt4.backup file with the right version.

Re: HUD popups being lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:24 pm
by PJs Ronin
^^ no. I reset everything. But now that I know what you might be looking for I'll grab the info next time.

Re: HUD popups being lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:37 pm
by kraada
Thanks, we would appreciate it.