Feedback import speed

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Feedback import speed

Postby Furo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 am

I imported around 2,x Mio hands yesterday and needed around 11-12 hours (55 hands/s) which is faster than PT3 (would say 2-3 hours if u include housekeeping) but I hope there will be future improvements in speed as well.
I would suggest that you instantly move imported hand files into another folder (what is not the case right now if I am not wrong?) so that it will be possible to stop the import at any time and start at the same point later without importing the duplicates again.


I am using a i7-2600 CPU@3,4 GHz and 4 B Ram btw.



PS: How can I see a list of all players? right now I am seeing my allias but no one else maybe I`m too dumb to see the list ;D (like the player list in PT3 where I can click on every single player in my database)
Furo
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:04 am

Re: Feedback import speed

Postby random » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:58 am

Resume is definitely something that should be included. There's probably many ways, but here is a suggestion.
Save a list of files when you start import. As import goes by mark them so PT4 will know where its at.
Now if import is stopped, next time we start the import, look for the list of files, if it already exists>ask user if he wants to resume previous import OR start new import (in case of new HHs etc)
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Feedback import speed

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:52 am

I agree that would be useful, and we'll have to see what the development team say about implementing it.

You can see all players in the Results > Hero vs Villain report, or by creating a custom "Player" report (in the My Reports tab) and unticking "Filter on Active Player" in the report filters.
You can also view all players in the select player dropdown list if you start typing and then delete what you typed - we don't display all names initially because that can take a long time and get in the way of your search.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests