Notes Import, Text & Icon

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Notes Import, Text & Icon

Postby random » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 pm

1) Lately I was using PT3 notes almost exclusively. I imported hands into PT4 directly from HH files, but notes are still only in PT3, any way to import notes without reimporting whole db?

2) I tried out text bolding, but it only shows up in the editor? Note in tooltip doesnt show any effects.

3) Suggestion for alternative view of notes. Give us full and basic edit modes for notes.
Full edit remains as it is, but here are the suggestions for basic one. Double click on window (any empty area, like between icons) would (like Windows Taskbar if you are familiar with it) hide the tittle bar on top, as well as the "extra" icons. Instead of double click there could be a DOWN arrow that would do same thing, and then change into UP arrow. (positioned next to name on the top under titlebar)

Here is a quick mockup how it could look like.

Before:
[ img ]

After:
[ img ]

As you can see, main reason is screen estate.

4)I read you are working on player icons, but until then, Notes icon is main thing to quickly differentiate players. Could we get an option to resize it? Or if its there already how can I do it?
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Notes Import, Text & Icon

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:35 pm

(1) I'm not aware of another way at this point in time, I'm afraid.

(2) I believe that's a known issue - but I'll double check that for you.

(3) That is an interesting suggestion. I'm not certain how feasible it is to remove the window decoration as that is part of Windows, but I'll make sure the developers see your idea.

(4) If you resize the table the note icon will automatically resize to match. By itself the icon cannot be resized at this point in time.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Notes Import, Text & Icon

Postby Josh » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:38 pm

1. If you use the Setup Assistant to convert your PT3 database, it will bring the notes over.

2. Tooltips do not show formatting at this time. This is on our list of things to fix.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Notes Import, Text & Icon

Postby random » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks for answers, here is another question.

Is it possible to see a list of players that we can sort by notes OR list of notes ?
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Notes Import, Text & Icon

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:24 pm

At the moment, you would need to build that as a custom report. We have plans for having such a display built in but that functionality was not completed in time for this beta preview.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Notes Import, Text & Icon

Postby random » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:20 pm

I am trying to make a report to see notes, first I picked Player stats instead of Hand stats. Then Player column was already there, but I cant find Notes under available stats to add it next. Where can one find it ?
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Notes Import, Text & Icon

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Are you looking for this report for cash games or tournaments?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Notes Import, Text & Icon

Postby random » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:19 pm

It is for cash games. I play poker after all. :P
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Notes Import, Text & Icon

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:31 am

It looks like we need to add Notes stats for the Player (cash & tournament) sections - thanks for bringing this to our attention! If you think of any other stats which are missing please let us know.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests