Import speed

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Import speed

Postby random » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 am

Hi,
I tried importing from PT3 db, but it just kept saying unknown limit etc, and after looking through the forum it seems like I had to set regional settings to US.

Anyway, I changed that, and now I am doing import from a folder and it is taking kinda forever. 5000 hands so far in 15 minutes. Am I doing something wrong?

What kind of import speeds are others achieving?

[ img ]
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby PJs Ronin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:09 am

meh... delete. Misread your post.
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:49 am

The development team are working on the Regional Settings issue and I'm told there should be another release later today with a fix.
I'm not sure that the import speeds you're seeing are related to that, though - I haven't seen import speeds that low in PT4 so please compress the files that you're importing and attach them to a Support ticket. Post the ticket number here and we'll investigate straight away to see why this import is so slow.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Import speed

Postby random » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:29 am

I attached whole folder as I selected it in PT4 to import hands from a folder

http://www.pokertracker.com/contact/tic ... _id=115421
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby trixilw » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:49 am

I am importing now, and I got 32h/s. Not so fast, but all my hands are sng-s and I think the import must handle the summaries too.
At the end, imported 15k hands in 10 minutes.
trixilw
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:20 am

It seems that the main delay is related to using the Automatically Apply Treat As option, which is required if you play short-handed tables at sites like 888 which do not specify the table sizes in their hand histories.
If you only play full ring (9 or 10 seat tables), which appears to be the case from your hands, then you can disable that option and that will speed up your imports significantly. Configure > Site and Import Options > Preferences.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Import speed

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:21 am

Summaries are going to be slower than individual hands - there's a lot of work to do while we import a summary.

But remember: These hand import speeds include housekeeping now - which is a big plus for everyone.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Import speed

Postby Josh » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 am

If you import 1,000 tournament summaries, the H/S measurement is going to be much lower, because no hands are being imported. We debated even removing the h/s measurement because it can be misleading.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby random » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:36 am

That seemed to be the case. I noticed there is a popup that says "it might take more time depending on options selected". Maybe you could add a link that would take you directly to Configuration>Preferences, or atleast mention it in the popup. As it is now you cant tell where those options are.

Anyway here are the results now, difference in time is huge. 40 minutes for 5k hands, then 2 minutes for 2.5k hands.

[ img ]

[ img ]
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby oracle3001 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:07 am

It seems that the main delay is related to using the Automatically Apply Treat As option, which is required if you play short-handed tables at sites like 888 which do not specify the table sizes in their hand histories.


Could you please list which sites this is required for and which it isn't. As I just did a big import and it was fairly slow, and if I don't need this option on I am certainly going to turn it off and see how much of a difference it makes.
oracle3001
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests