All-in Adj bug

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

All-in Adj bug

Postby nexxuseis » Wed May 07, 2025 8:40 pm

Hi,

This is wrong, I had 72% equity, we went all in on the flop and the All In Adjusted tells me I should have lost all my chips.

I always knew that trackers don't take equity when any of the players put all their chips in before the showdown, but when the remaining players end up all in n flop or turn, they should take equity.
Attachments
Sin sssssssssssss.png
(273.68 KiB) Downloaded 2617 times
nexxuseis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2025 11:32 am

Re: All-in Adj bug

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu May 08, 2025 6:56 am

If the adjusted result matches the actual result then adjusted equity wasn't calculated for that hand. One of the players was all-in preflop and in any hand like that where there was further action on another street after an all-in then PokerTracker 4 does not calculate adjusted equity as it introduces a bias in the results.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17076
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: All-in Adj bug

Postby nexxuseis » Thu May 08, 2025 8:58 am

an example...

NL 5/10

Player 1 $60 (QKo)
Player 2 $1000 (AA)
Hero $1000 (TT)

Player 1 all in $60
Player 2 call $60
Hero Call $60

Flop 2TT

Player 2 all in $940
Hero Call $940

Hero equity 99,9%, Player 2 equity 0.01%, turn A, River A

For Poker Tracker I should have lost $1000 with 99.9% equity. I think a bias is preferable, but if you say so
nexxuseis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2025 11:32 am

Re: All-in Adj bug

Postby NothingTimesY » Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:25 pm

Sorry, but I’m digging up this thread again. I think your explanation is correct as well, but in this particular case, it’s more likely because there is a side pot that you could be entitled to. Even though the calculation isn’t particularly complicated, PokerTracker apparently considers itself too good to implement it. I was actually planning to switch to PT specifically because of these reports, but luckily I noticed this issue while I was still in the trial phase.
Attachments
No Equity for Sidepot Hands.JPG
(339.88 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
NothingTimesY
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2026 1:59 pm


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests