Slow import

Posted:
Thu Dec 26, 2024 8:36 pm
by Sou33
Hello asking (in almost 2025) ,
when importing from disk are there any trick to improve the hand/second ratio import ? I have 24h/s , it is quite slow.
Thanks.
Re: Slow import

Posted:
Fri Dec 27, 2024 8:27 am
by Flag_Hippo
If your database isn't that large go to 'Database -> Database Management'. Click the 'Housekeeping' button and run the following in this order:
1. Tune PostgreSQL (if this step fails you can safely skip to step #2)
2. Reindex
3. Cluster
4. Vacuum/Analyze
When that's done rebuild your database cache via 'Rebuild Cache -> Full Cache Rebuild'. If that doesn't change anything please attach your support bundle and sample of hands to a
Support Ticket:
Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Re: Slow import

Posted:
Fri Dec 27, 2024 9:07 am
by Sou33
Thank you for your help, before I follow your instructions, sorry I should have bring a little context, I am moving on another computer, my database is brand new, so PT4 is very fresh , almost 0 hands in the new database, and I try to transfer millions of hands from my old computer to the new computer.
Knowing this would you give me the same instructions?
Thanks.
Re: Slow import

Posted:
Sat Dec 28, 2024 8:33 am
by Flag_Hippo
If these hands are in a database on another computer then you can transfer that entire database to the new computer using backup & restore:
Guide: Backup & RestoreIf you are instead going to be importing that quantity of hands to a new database then I would recommend importing in batches as import speeds can drop over time when importing large quantities of hands at once. Also if these hands are datamined then those types of hands can import slower too.