Copy Database Folder

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Copy Database Folder

Postby rubencash » Mon Dec 09, 2024 9:52 am

Hello! I have a problem, the postgres "service" does not run (neither when opening PT4, nor when trying to start the service directly).

I can't reinstall the same version of postgres either because it gives me a Microsoft Visual C++ error. So I'm thinking of uninstalling postgres completely and then installing it from scratch.

The question I have is how can I make a backup of my databases (since the postgres service does not run).
Would it be enough to simply copy the "BASE" folder that contains the databases?
Disk C --> Program Files --> Postgres --> 12 --> Data --> Base

Photo:
https://ibb.co/7NL8vMn
rubencash
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Copy Database Folder

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Dec 09, 2024 1:17 pm

rubencash wrote:I can't reinstall the same version of postgres either because it gives me a Microsoft Visual C++ error.

Please make sure that you are installing on an administrator account and follow these steps:

1. Download PostgreSQLv12.22 from here.

2. Place the downloaded PostgreSQL installer file directly here:

C:\

3.  Click your Windows start button and type 'cmd' and when it appears right-mouse-button on 'Command Prompt' then select 'Run as administrator'.

4. In the window that opens make sure the command prompt is on C:\ (change directory using 'cd C:\' if it is not) then run the following command:

Code: Select all
postgresql-12.22-1-windows-x64.exe --install_runtimes 0

If that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this with you.
rubencash wrote:The question I have is how can I make a backup of my databases (since the postgres service does not run).

You can't make a backup via PokerTracker 4 or PGAdmin if the PostgreSQL service isn't installed and running.
rubencash wrote:Would it be enough to simply copy the "BASE" folder that contains the databases?
Disk C --> Program Files --> Postgres --> 12 --> Data --> Base

To reinstall PostgreSQL and access that data again you will need the entire 'data' folder.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests