Problem after update 18.4

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Problem after update 18.4

Postby HIFm1 » Sat Nov 02, 2024 8:35 am

Hi,

I just updated PT4 to version 18.4 and now the software just freeze up when I'm starting up "import hands while playing"

Tried to uninstall and reinstall everything, but keeps having the same problem.
What can I do to fix this?
HIFm1
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:58 am

Re: Problem after update 18.4

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Nov 02, 2024 2:21 pm

So we can investigate that and follow up with you please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this freeze and then grab your log file and attach that to a Support Ticket:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log

To access the log file open File Explorer in Windows and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\PokerTracker 4\Logs

The file we need will be the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder. One thing to note is that every time you close/restart PokerTracker 4 it will begin a new log so you'll want to save/send that PokerTracker4.log file before restarting PokerTracker 4 again. In the meantime you can try reverting to PokerTracker v4.18.3 here if that was the version you updated from. Alternatively you could try creating a new temporary database.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Problem after update 18.4

Postby HIFm1 » Sat Nov 02, 2024 5:27 pm

Thank you!
I did send the file in email.

Cheers
HIFm1
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:58 am

Re: Problem after update 18.4

Postby HIFm1 » Sun Nov 03, 2024 7:38 am

I did try to manual import all my HHs from the session last night, and even that don't work.

Hope to hear from you guys soon on my ticket I made, cheers
HIFm1
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:58 am

Re: Problem after update 18.4

Postby HIFm1 » Sat Nov 09, 2024 6:54 pm

@flag_Hippo I did get a reply after you looked at my file I sent in that my database is not working.
Everything works now using a new databse, but now I lost alot of stats on my villian, is there a way to merge the old with the new even if the old is broken?
HIFm1
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:58 am

Re: Problem after update 18.4

Postby Ventilatorrr » Sun Nov 10, 2024 8:30 am

Hello,

You can try the following: in PokerTracker 4, while you have the new database Active, go to Hud > Edit Hud Options > General Settings > Advanced; select your old database in the "Read From Databases" menu on the left-hand side so that you'll have both the old and the new database selected, and click Apply. However, this might not work correctly since your old database is broken.

If that is the case, then you can reimport your old hands into the new database - hands that were automatically imported while you were playing. You can find these hands in your Processed folder which you can access through PokerTracker 4 by going to File > Open User Data Folder.
Ventilatorrr
Moderator
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests