Generating multiple tables

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Generating multiple tables

Postby shawnallen » Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:35 pm

Two questions
1. I'm interested in finding the confidence intervals for a given statistic. To do this I need the number of opportunities, and the number of times that event occurred. I've noticed that if you hover over a given statistic you will get this information, but I need to get it into a .csv file -- how do I do that?

2. The table in the picture shows a statistic for each position, for a given player. How can I quickly obtain these tables for multiple players at once?
Attachments
PokerTracker.png
(68.24 KiB) Downloaded 2832 times
shawnallen
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Generating multiple tables

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 22, 2024 6:24 am

shawnallen wrote:1. I'm interested in finding the confidence intervals for a given statistic. To do this I need the number of opportunities, and the number of times that event occurred. I've noticed that if you hover over a given statistic you will get this information, but I need to get it into a .csv file -- how do I do that?

That would require custom statistics that will display the information in the report before exporting to a .csv file - see this thread.
shawnallen wrote:2. The table in the picture shows a statistic for each position, for a given player. How can I quickly obtain these tables for multiple players at once?

If you go to 'My Reports -> New Report' and create an 'All Players Report' you can see data from all players combined. Remove the 'Player' stat from the report (double click on it under 'Report Stats') to see the data from all players combined and not broken down into rows for individual players. You can then add the stats you want to the report such as 'Position' by double clicking the ones you want under 'Available Stats'.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Generating multiple tables

Postby shawnallen » Thu Oct 24, 2024 12:01 pm

Thanks for the response, it was helpful! However, I think I wasn't clear in the explanation in the second problem. What I want to do is generate a table where each row is given by the position and each column represents a statistic, just like in the image I shared. I want to create this same table for multiple different players -- that is, I want to have table1 for player1 that has this information, table2 for player 2, and so on. I can do this manually by selecting the player and exporting to .csv, but it is quite time consuming. I was interested in whether there was a way to do this faster.

Thanks for your help!
shawnallen
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Generating multiple tables

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Oct 24, 2024 12:45 pm

That would be the same steps as my previous reply but you would leave the 'Player' statistic in the report so that the stats remain broken down for each player. Note that this will be for all players in the database so if you want a particular subset of players then that would need to filtered for specifically with an expression filter:

Code: Select all
player.player_name = 'name1' OR player.player_name = 'name2'
e.t.c.

You can use this expression filter by clicking on the 'Filters' link in a custom report and selecting 'Add New Expression Filters'.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Generating multiple tables

Postby shawnallen » Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:28 pm

Thank you! I actually just figured it out. The key thing missing was adding the statistic 'position' to the report so that it shows the position for each player! Thanks for your help.
shawnallen
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests