Page 1 of 1

HUD positioning

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:55 pm
by akiba
The HUDs on my chico 6max tables aren't matching with the correct players. They seem to be working fine on my
9 max tables however.

Re: HUD positioning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:52 am
by Flag_Hippo
Have you tried moving the HUD to the correct seats and then saved the layout via the PT-icon so the new positions are remembered for new 6-max tables?

Guide: Positioning HUD Elements

Re: HUD positioning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:38 am
by akiba
Yeah I did that. It doesnt help.
And whenever a new player sits down, the new HUD for that player appears in the
wrong place again even after I reconfigure. The positioning is always off by 2 places counter-clockwise.

Re: HUD positioning

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:47 am
by Flag_Hippo
What hand history format is your hand converter using? If these hands are not importing into PokerTracker 4 as Chico hands then the HUD would be subject to any settings for the site format in use such as preferred seating.

Re: HUD positioning

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:53 am
by akiba
They are being converted to Pokerstars hands. Two things I want to point out.
1. I haven't tried to change any settings and things worked just fine before.
2. However, I'm using a converter that I just repurchased after letting the subscription expire months ago. And my converter is giving me other issues for sure. I'm currently in contact with their support about a different issue. So if you can think of a reason the converter might be the problem, maybe that would help.

Some info:

The issue that I'm having with the converter is that it is only allowing 3 different colors in color ranges ( as if I were still using the trial version). Don't know if that helps.

Re: HUD positioning

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:09 pm
by Ventilatorrr
Since the format of these hand histories is the same as the format PokerStars uses, PokerTracker 4 thinks these hands are from PokerStars and uses its settings for HUD positioning. This is also the reason you can only have 3 HUD colors, as that is the maximum colors that PokerStars allow.

In PokerTracker 4, go to Configure > Site & Import Options > PokerStars, and change the preferred seat to match your Chico settings. You might want to use the Auto-Center option if that's how you are seated on Chico's tables.

Re: HUD positioning

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:01 pm
by akiba
Does Chico have a preferred seat option? I can't find it.

Re: HUD positioning

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:13 am
by Ventilatorrr
I don't have access to Chico so I can't check. If it doesn't have the preferred seat option, then select the Auto-Center option on PokerStars Import Configuration page.

Re: HUD positioning

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:37 am
by akiba
Auto center seems to have fixed the positioning issue. Also changing the output format fixed the colors issue. Thank you.