Page 1 of 1

Error connecting to default database

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:07 am
by DiscoDD
Hello...I have not been able to connect to PT4 with error messages coming up...I have uninstalled and reinstalled PT4 and PostgreSQL..

I am now getting an error msg..".Error connecting to the default database" then a box saying " Please connect a valid database" but it doesnt connect then if i select " New" another error box comes up saying "Unable to create PostgreSQL database"

Thankyou,
David Davis

Re: Error connecting to default database

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:18 pm
by Flag_Hippo
When you reinstalled PostgreSQL did it say it installed successfully or not? Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.mscĀ 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? What is its 'Status' and 'Startup Type'? If the PostgreSQL service is not listed at all then it will need to be installed and we have a guide for that here. If the PostgreSQL service is listed but not starting then open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.

Re: Error connecting to default database

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:33 am
by DiscoDD
Hello...thx for your reply.....Undrr services.msc it shows for postgressql-x64-17 - PostgreSQL Server 17 Status = Running, Startup = Automatic

There is nothing showing in the event viewer...there are no errors under Source PostgreSQL...

Thankyou....So when I try to open PT4 I am getting the error boxes coming up

Thankyou,

David

Re: Error connecting to default database

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:00 pm
by Flag_Hippo
PostgreSQL v17 isn't supported by PokerTracker 4 so please uninstall it and install PostgreSQL v16 instead - see this guide.

Re: Error connecting to default database

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:00 pm
by DiscoDD
Thankyou...I'll give that a try..