Page 1 of 1

Unable to create PostgreSQL database

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:46 am
by Jeroen87
Hi,

Just wanted to try the free trial but I keep getting a database error.
Any help ?

Thanks very much

Error:
Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT4 DB Reason; error; unable to execute query; fatal error; reason error; comumn ''some time'' does not exist LIne 9: Selewct (cast (date_part ('year, timezone ('UTC, some_time) ...

Re: Unable to create PostgreSQL database

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:23 am
by Flag_Hippo
This "some time" error only happens with very old PostgreSQL versions such as v8.4. This version of PostgreSQL which reached its end-of-life in 2014 and is below the minimum required version for PokerTracker 4. To fix the issue you will need to install a new version of PostgreSQL - see this guide:

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... postgresql

Re: Unable to create PostgreSQL database

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:44 pm
by Jeroen87
Thanks for your reply; I downloaded a new version and now I get this error:

Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT4 DB
Reason: This server is not responding to connection attempts. Please restart the PostgreSQL service, then PokerTracker and try again.

And I also saw this error a few minutes before;

there has been an error. an error occured executing the microsoft vc++ runtime installer

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again !

Re: Unable to create PostgreSQL database

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:26 am
by Flag_Hippo
That looks like the new PostgreSQL install is not completing successfully for some reason. Make sure that you are installing as an administrator, that security software isn't interfering with the install and you can try installing to C:\PostgreSQL instead of the default location. If that doesn't help please attach this file to a Support Ticket where a technician can follow up with you:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\Temp\install-postgresql.log

To access that file open File Explorer in Windows and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

The file we need will be the text file called 'install-postgresql' or 'install-postgresql.log' that is in that folder.

Re: Unable to create PostgreSQL database

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:11 am
by Jeroen87
Hi,

thanks for your reply.
I uninstalled and re-installed both PT4 and PostgreSQL 16.
It's located at C;/ PostgreSQL.

Do I need to install Postgres? And if so how? In the installer folder I see server/prerun checks/vcredist x64 and vcredist x86.

Thanks again

Re: Unable to create PostgreSQL database

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:45 pm
by Flag_Hippo
Jeroen87 wrote:I uninstalled and re-installed both PT4 and PostgreSQL 16.
It's located at C;/ PostgreSQL.

Do I need to install Postgres?

As you have said you reinstalled PostgreSQL v16 to C:\PostgreSQL what happened at the end of this new install attempt? Did it say it installed successfully or not when the installer finished? If it installed successfully PokerTracker 4 should be able to connect and start normally. If PostgreSQL did not install successfully then please attach this file to a Support Ticket where a technician can follow up with you:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\Temp\install-postgresql.log
Jeroen87 wrote:In the installer folder I see server/prerun checks/vcredist x64 and vcredist x86.

If you have gone inside an "installer" folder that's in your C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\Temp folder then that's not correct. We need the file that's called 'install-postgresql' or 'install-postgresql.log' which will be inside this folder:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\Temp

If you go inside any other folder in the 'Temp' folder then what we need wouldn't be there.

Re: Unable to create PostgreSQL database

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:22 pm
by Jeroen87
I am sorry for the confusion. I meant, I re-downloaded it.
I am not sure how to intsall Postgres.

https://imgur.com/jcrSiwX

https://imgur.com/gkZ4aKN

https://imgur.com/hdCqicK

Maybe these pics will help ? What do I do here? I didnt install Postgres, just downloaded it.

Thanks again, highly appreciated.

Jeroen

Re: Unable to create PostgreSQL database

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:01 am
by Flag_Hippo
Jeroen87 wrote:I am sorry for the confusion. I meant, I re-downloaded it.
I am not sure how to intsall Postgres.

You need to double-click on the PostgreSQL installer file you downloaded to start the PostgreSQL install. By default the installer gets saved to your 'Downloads' folder unless you saved it to a custom location:

Guide: Install the new PostgreSQL version

The current PostgreSQL v16 installer is a file called postgresql-16.4-1-windows-x64.exe.

Re: Unable to create PostgreSQL database

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:26 am
by Jeroen87
My bad, I did install it, starts automatically when you download it.

I have added the file to the support ticket.

Thanks