Page 1 of 1

Outdated database

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:14 am
by balti981
I have not been using PT4 for a long time and when I upgraded to the latest version I can't get the databases to update so I can't use PT4 at all and I seem to have lost all the information I had.

Re: Outdated database

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:06 am
by Flag_Hippo
What version of PostgreSQL do you have installed and how large are your databases? In the meantime you can try creating a new database and that may allow you import new hands and use PokerTracker 4 on your tables:

Guide: Creating A New Database in PokerTracker 4

Re: Outdated database

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:14 am
by balti981
It is version 8.4.22 and it does not let me create a new database, I get the error of the image.

Re: Outdated database

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:22 pm
by Flag_Hippo
This error only happens with very old PostgreSQL versions such as v8.4 which reached its end-of-life in 2014 and is below the minimum required version for PokerTracker 4. To fix the issue you will need to install and use a newer PostgreSQL version and then restore your database provided you created the recommended backup - see this guide:

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... postgresql