Page 1 of 2

Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:16 pm
by Cyborgazm
I've tried everything I can think of: reinstalling, deleting all the profiles to hopefully set it to the HUD I want to be using, rebooting, etc.

I'm running PStars by right-clicking on it's icon and then choosing launch in PT4. I've downloaded various HUDs, but I cannot get to get them to stay as default. When I was running the trial of PT4 BlackRain79's HUD worked just fine. Now nothing works.

Please help!

Re: Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:28 am
by Flag_Hippo
Are you setting things up correctly for the desired profile in 'HUD Options'? You can tell PokerTracker 4 which HUD profile to use by default for different poker sites and gametypes via the 'Profile Select' tab in 'HUD -> Edit HUD Options':

Guide: Profile Select

Re: Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:00 am
by Cyborgazm
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have tried literally everything I can think of from downloading new HUDs, to deleting all the old HUDs and just having the one I want. I've tried reinstalling both PT4 and PStars. I've tried running through the PT client to just running PStars. I've spent at least an hour troubleshooting everything I can think of.

Re: Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:33 pm
by Flag_Hippo
Thanks but this doesn't address the part of PokerTracker 4 I mentioned. You described the problem like this:

Cyborgazm wrote:I've downloaded various HUDs, but I cannot get to get them to stay as default.


I take this to mean that when you play on PokerStars then the HUD you want to see isn't being displayed on the table(s) and a different one is. Is that correct? As per my original reply you can tell PokerTracker 4 which HUD profile to use by default for different poker sites and gametypes via the 'Profile Select' tab in 'HUD -> Edit HUD Options':

Guide: Profile Select

If you are having trouble with the HUD that is displaying on your PokerStars tables by default then please provide the name of the HUD you want to use and attach a screenshot of your 'Profile Select' tab from PokerTracker 4 so I can see your current settings.

Re: Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:48 pm
by Cyborgazm
No HUDS, whatsoever, display. There is nothing but the 'vanilla' table. When I go to switch to various HUDs to try and get *ANYTHING* other than the vanilla table to display, it doesn't save my settings -- assuming there is more than one HUD available -- and just stays on the default HUD in the PT4 options. When I delete every single HUD but the one I want it still doesn't display it in PStars.

Re: Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:58 am
by Flag_Hippo
Is everything configured correctly and do you see your PokerStars hands importing into PokerTracker 4? If hands are not importing then the HUD may not appear:

PokerStars Configuration Guide

Cyborgazm wrote:I'm running PStars by right-clicking on it's icon and then choosing launch in PT4.

After launching PokerStars what are you doing anything after that? Provided everything is setup correctly then you need to start the import of hands from PokerStars by selecting 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' in PokerTracker 4.

Re: Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:41 am
by Cyborgazm
Flag_Hippo wrote:Is everything configured correctly and do you see your PokerStars hands importing into PokerTracker 4? If hands are not importing then the HUD may not appear:

PokerStars Configuration Guide

Cyborgazm wrote:I'm running PStars by right-clicking on it's icon and then choosing launch in PT4.

After launching PokerStars what are you doing anything after that? Provided everything is setup correctly then you need to start the import of hands from PokerStars by selecting 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' in PokerTracker 4.


Here is a link that shows both my HUD options and profiles. I am at a complete loss. I've tried running the Setup several times in PT4. I have ensured that my hand histories and tournament histories are sent to the desired location in both Stars and PT4.

https://imgur.com/a/JahcO8H

Edit: Here is a second link showing what my Stars table looks like.

https://imgur.com/a/F1apiXh

Re: Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:19 pm
by Flag_Hippo
Are you selecting 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' in PokerTracker 4? If you are then are hands importing or not? I don't see any evidence of this in your screenshots.

If hands are not importing using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' have you verified that PokerStars is actually creating the hand history files? Sometimes PokerStars doesn't create hand history files in the default location and using a custom directory will resolve that. Go to the folder set in PokerStars and there should be a folder with your player name and inside that folder would be the hand history files. If hand history files are not saving to the default location (C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\{PokerStars Skin Name}\HandHistory) try creating and setting a custom hand history folder (e.g. C:\StarsHH) instead in both PokerStars and PokerTracker 4 (Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> PokerStars).

Once that is setup you can test this on a table by clicking 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing'. If that doesn't get things going then turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next play a few hands on a table with 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' active and then attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4.

Re: Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:54 pm
by Cyborgazm
Thank you so much, Flag_Hippo! It's working now. Apparently I need to click 'Get Hands While Playing' every time I load PT4.

Re: Will not load HUD when I run PokerStars through PT4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:31 am
by Flag_Hippo
Pleased to hear it. You need to select 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' whenever you are playing so PokerTracker 4 can import the hand history files from your poker site and display the HUD but if you are just opening up PokerTracker 4 to review previous hands and look at reports then you don't need to do this.