Page 1 of 1

Postgres 16 & notecaddy error

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:35 am
by Tinman9956
Upgraded to postgres16, installed my backed up database and get his error. Using Ver 4.18 Thanks

Re: Postgres 16 & notecaddy error

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:26 pm
by Flag_Hippo
So we can investigate that and follow up with you please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this issue and then attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4.

Re: Postgres 16 & notecaddy error

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:41 am
by GelaGoot
I am experiencing the same issue.

I have already tried deleting the following folders:


Code: Select all
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Apps\Tm90ZUNhZGR5
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Desktop\NoteCaddy Coaching Pack Files



Additionally, I have added the folders `C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4` and `C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerTracker 4` to the exclusion list of the Windows Firewall and Antivirus.

The error message states that NoteCaddy cannot connect to the database:


Code: Select all
4.07.12 15:03:53:7572[3]    Unable to connect to database Server=localhost;Port=5432;User Id=postgres;Password=********;Database=PT4 DB;
2024.07.12 15:04:20:8799[1]    There was an error loading the NoteCaddy. -> Unable to detect DB connection details
stack trace:    bei AssaultWare.Business.ConnectionStringFinder.GetConnectionData()
   bei NoteCaddyPT4.Pt4Loader.<GetConnectionData>d__1.MoveNext()
NoteCaddyPT4.Pt4Loader+<GetConnectionData>d__1
NoteCaddy.Business.DataParameterBuilder+<BuildDataParameters>d__10
NoteCaddy.Business.DataParameterBuilder+<GetDataParameters>d__1
NoteCaddy.Business.CoreApplicationLoader`1+<GetBuildLayer>d__14[System.String]
NoteCaddy.Business.ApplicationManager`1+<Start>d__2[System.String]
NoteCaddy.Business.CoreApplicationBuilder`1+<GetApplication>d__1[System.String]
WpfCommon.WpfApp+<RunStartupLogicAsync>d__9



The error reappears approximately 30 seconds after its last occurrence. This also happens if I disable and then enable NoteCaddy; the error takes 30 seconds to reappear.

It seems like a firewall issue to me, possibly due to a timeout on the connection command.

I am using:
- Windows 11
- PokerTracker 4.18.1
- PostgreSQL 16.3

I have also made my PostgreSQL database available on my network by modifying the following configuration files:

In `C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\16\data\pg_hba.conf`, I added this line:

Code: Select all
host    all             all             192.168.0.0/24          scram-sha-256



In `C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\16\data\postgresql.conf`, I modified this line:

Code: Select all
listen_addresses = '*'        # what IP address(es) to listen on;



NoteCaddy was enabled when I was running PostgreSQL 9.x. I later disabled it and then re-enabled it after upgrading PostgreSQL from 9.x to 16.3.

I hope my information helps to reproduce and fix this issue.

Re: Postgres 16 & notecaddy error

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:46 pm
by Flag_Hippo
Thank you. Please note that NoteCaddy currently only supports PostgreSQL up to version 12 so if you want use NoteCaddy at this time it's not possible with PostgreSQL v16.

Re: Postgres 16 & notecaddy error

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:45 pm
by Rushton14
I am also having the same issue. I also do not have a working HUD right now. I understand you guys are probably getting lots of msg's regarding this. Any idea of when this issue will be fixed? I have been dealing with support trying to resolve this issue for several weeks now.

Re: Postgres 16 & notecaddy error

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:16 am
by Flag_Hippo
I don't have any timescales for NoteCaddy supporting PostgreSQL v16. To use NoteCaddy with PokerTracker 4 you will need to install PostgreSQL v12:

https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 32#p374932