Luck Bell Curve: how is it calculated?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Luck Bell Curve: how is it calculated?

Postby ShellysAshes » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:05 pm

Few Qs about the bell curve.

1. I have an extreme outlier over a reasonable cash sample of about 675k hands. Straights is at the extreme end of unlucky.

I'm wondering how this stat is calculated? Eg; I think I had a leak for a while of overfolding OOP vs barrels with OESD. And maybe folding SD in other situations where I shouldn't be (overfolding gutshots in IP 3BP as PFC) etc.

Is this potentially the explanation for this outlier, or is this statistic not calculated this way; but instead only calculated when you call a bet and don't make your hit?


2. Does the bell curve have much practical utility beyond just being a different measure of variance? I suppose if it turns out my outlier can be explained by overfolds then that would prove it serves a practical purpose.
ShellysAshes
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Re: Luck Bell Curve: how is it calculated?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:15 am

That's based on how often you complete a draw given that you had a draw and saw the next street so if you don't reach the next street because you or your opponents folded then that wouldn't be a part of the calculations. The data for the curve itself is calculated using standard deviation.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17077
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests