Page 1 of 1

Huge Database -> lags and crashes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:07 am
by buttsexisaight
Hello,

my PT4 DB has become quite big, therefore I have deleted (purged) >500k hands.Instead of diminishing, it went from being 60GB large to 65GB. I also ran vacuum and analyze in housekeeping but nothing changed.

I keep having performance issues and PT4 is lagging or crashing quite often and causing lags on my tables, especially when I have many open and/or later during session.

Do you have any advice? Is my assumption right that this could be caused by too big a DB?

Thanks and Best Regards

Re: Huge Database -> lags and crashes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:03 pm
by Flag_Hippo
That sounds like the housekeeping/maintenance wasn't able to complete successfully and your database is likely in a bad state. Bear in mind that it is ideal to have as much free space as the size of your largest database for those operations and Windows works much more efficiently when you have a good amount of free disk space too. So we can see more about what's going on here and advise you accordingly please enable logging, reproduce this issue while playing and then attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a Support Bundle