Page 1 of 2

Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:16 pm
by slack3r
While I was editing a tournament it disappeared from the edit box and doesn't show in statistics. It does show in the data folder as processed, but when I try to import it, it says all duplicates, but I can't find it. I can't find any answers in previous posts. What's going on?

Re: Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:12 am
by Flag_Hippo
What specific edit did you make? You have a small stakes license so if you edited the buyin of a tournament to greater than $22 you will not see it anymore due to the stakes restriction on your license.

Re: Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:37 pm
by slack3r
Thanks for the reply. I was editing the buy in of $20 +$1 fee, as I've done many times, and a prize of $126. Seem like I had to edit it a couple times due to errors, so don't know if I put something in wrong the 3rd time. It still shows in the processed hand history file with the original chip buy in amounts, see attachment.

Re: Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:03 am
by Flag_Hippo
Manually editing a tournament only updates the information in your database and the original files provided by your poker site are not changed at all by PokerTracker 4. If you've input a value such that this tournament in your database now exceeds your allowed stakes you will not see it in your reports anymore so if you want to fix that you are going to need to do this change outside of PokerTracker 4 using PGAdmin. If you've not used PGAdmin before you might want to backup your poker data before making any changes there as making database changes outside of PokerTracker 4 isn't supported. Close PokerTracker 4 and then you can access PGAdmin by clicking your Windows Start button then typing:

pgadmin

and then clicking on it when it appears. Double click on 'PostgreSQL x.y' (where x.y is your PostgreSQL version) and if your prompted for a password the default is 'dbpass' (without the quotes). Next double click on 'Databases -> YOUR_DATABASE_NAME -> Schemas -> Public -> Tables'. Right-click on the 'tourney_summary' table, choose 'View Data -> View All Rows', find the relevant tournament, edit the value in the 'amt_buyin' column and save the change (File -> Save'). If you have trouble finding the tournament you can sort by the 'amt_buyin' column using 'Tools -> Sort/Filter'.

Re: Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:25 pm
by slack3r
Thanks again for the help. I went to pgadmin and found the tourney, 7-2-21, and the buy in was correct. The prize amount had a large chip amount. I edited that to the correct amount but it wouln't let me save it, the save was greyed out. Maybe I just wasn't to have that tourney in my data base?

Re: Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:39 pm
by slack3r
I exited PGAdmin, reloaded PT4 and now the tourney shows. So I guess something changed?

Another question I haven't found an answer for - how to set the currency to USD for buy ins? I have to set it every time I edit a tourney.
Thanks again.

Re: Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:39 am
by Flag_Hippo
I don't see anything in your example that suggests that this tournament should've been detected as a real money $USD tournament. The tournament in your screenshot appears to be a PokerStars Home Game that used play money chips as the buy-in (17,000 + 3,000) so that's why the winnings had a large chip amount instead of a real money amount since play money chips on PokerStars have no real money value. If you are editing a play money tournament with real money results then you have to enter a currency symbol when editing so PokerTracker 4 knows what currency to use.

Re: Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:12 pm
by slack3r
Ok, Thanks. We do the buy in and prizes outside poker stars.

Re: Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:02 pm
by slack3r
I think the same thing happens when I play on ACR, or since PT4 doesn't get the buy in and fee correct and when I edit it I have to select the currency.

Re: Tournament disappeared

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:34 am
by Flag_Hippo
Unfortunately the Winning Poker Network (WPN) do not include detailed tournament summary information in their files so you will need to update your results manually. We have been in contact with WPN about adding the extra required information but I don't have any timescale for that as we are reliant on WPN to make those changes.