Import speed

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Import speed

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:27 am

I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) the only sites that need AATA are:

888
Boss
Everest
iPoker
MicroGaming
OnGame
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Import speed

Postby Messenjupp » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:36 am

I play on 888 and I play both..nitring and 6max there and I'm importing at 5 hands per second too....although I'm not importing my whole DB but only the last two month on 888 I'm not sure I have the hands imported by the end of this beta :-(
Messenjupp
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:54 am

Re: Import speed

Postby Josh » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:03 pm

You can disable the Automatically Apply Treat As in the import configuration for your initial import. Then you can go to Database -> Adjust Stakes to manually adjust the stakes of your sessions if you need to.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby oracle3001 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Is there a way that PT4 automatically chooses not to use this functionality for hands that it detects won't require it e.g stars? Or is this what happens at the moment anyway?

I play a lot on stars and ipoker, so have a right old mixture of hand histories. So I am going to have to leave that option turned on, but rather annoying if it is really slowing down the import of stars hands too.
Last edited by oracle3001 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oracle3001
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am

Re: Import speed

Postby tarix » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 pm

oracle3001 wrote:Is there a way that PT4 automatically choices not to use this functionality for hands that it detects won't require it e.g stars? Or is this what happens at the moment anyway?


Yes, if a site has never needed it then it is disabled for that site. Furthermore you will see in the View Import Stats when it pauses to rebuild the cache. So you can use that as a guide to how much time it's costing you.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby oracle3001 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Just importing some ipoker hands and only getting 20 h/s (this is into a brand new db).

Now my machine is a little old and I know housekeeping is now included, but I used to easily get 100+ h/s in PT3 and with your competition it is normally 200+ h/s.

Stars hands were in the 60-70 h/s range so a bit down, but not that much, but iPoker seems incredibly slow. Estimates that it is going to take over 24hrs to import a million hands. Even with housekeeping it didn't take anywhere near as that long as that with PT3.
oracle3001
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am

Re: Import speed

Postby striz11 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:42 pm

I getting ~50hands/h with my pokerstars hands to a clean database.

Automatically Apply 'Treat As' is deactivated but no improvement.
striz11
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:02 am

Re: Import speed

Postby tarix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:25 am

oracle3001 wrote:Now my machine is a little old and I know housekeeping is now included, but I used to easily get 100+ h/s in PT3 and with your competition it is normally 200+ h/s.


Neither of these numbers include updating the cache. PT4 is the only product out of the four that is including the time it takes to update it's cache in the hand per second numbers. We could easily have PT4 importing at 300-400h/s but then you would incur hours and hours of cache updating and we wouldn't be able to provide you with a good time completion estimate.

oracle3001 wrote:Stars hands were in the 60-70 h/s range so a bit down, but not that much, but iPoker seems incredibly slow.


Can you attach the exact iPoker hand histories you are having problems with? It might be that we need to specifically optimize the iPoker importer.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby guitarizt » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:13 am

When PT4 auto-imports hands does it also update the cache? If so I think this is going to be a problem for mass multitablers and it could be what causes lag for me when 18 tabling on merge since it's using the same amount of cpu and ram as HM1 which doesn't lag?
guitarizt
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Import speed

Postby tarix » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:26 am

guitarizt wrote:When PT4 auto-imports hands does it also update the cache? If so I think this is going to be a problem for mass multitablers and it could be what causes lag for me when 18 tabling on merge since it's using the same amount of cpu and ram as HM1 which doesn't lag?


Yes, this is a nearly instant operation and actually reduces the hud lag immensely. That's why we are able to run smoothly with 20+ tables.

If you are having lag with 18 tables please send us logs of your session. Most likely there is some kind of configuration error that can be easily resolved.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Previous

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests