Limp Raise Mod

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Limp Raise Mod

Postby antiguy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:21 am

My idea with this is to add the times a player calls a pf raise gets raised elsewhere then re-raises with the limp raise. To me the behavior is the same: weak :( then strong :twisted: . Maybe this can help spot pf trappers a little better.

What if...
cnt_p_limp_raise_ccall_raise
Code: Select all
sum(if[lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'CR', 1, 0])


cnt_p_call_faceraise
Code: Select all
sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_ccall AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise = true, 1, 0] )


Preflop Call-Raise
Code: Select all
(cnt_p_limp_raise_ccall_raise / cnt_p_call_faceraise) * 100


I think that will work im just not totally clear about the LIKE 'CR' in first column. Should I put % after R or before and after or even at all or is their a better way to get that data.
Or maybe a better way to do this. Thank You.
antiguy
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Limp Raise Mod

Postby kraada » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:45 am

Putting a % after the R is probably a better idea - you do want times that they get 4-bet and fold/call/shove to count, right?

Otherwise everything looks good.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Limp Raise Mod

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:22 am

Just as an FYI, you could also do the opportunities column using the action string, like this:

sum(if[lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'C_%', 1, 0])

… meaning that the first action was a call, with at least one more action (the underscore) meaning that they must have faced a raise.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Limp Raise Mod

Postby antiguy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:30 pm

UTG limps> HJ limps> CO raises> BU calls> SB calls> BB 3b>
UTG 4b(AI*)> HJ folds> CO calls> BU 5b(AI*)> SB folds> BB folds>
UTG calls/raises(if not all in)**> CO folds(>) BU calls/raises(if not all in)**
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
act/opp
(UTG 1/1) (HJ 0/1) (CO 0/0) (BU 1/1) (SB 0/1) (BB 0/0)

*If this player calls 3/4b here and is All In or pushes with stack slightly bigger than 3/4b that does not count as raise I think should count here cause they were most likely wanting to be all in anyway.

**If a player limp raises or call raises I don't care what other calls or other raises,like if a player Limp/CC and ends up making 2 raises pf still just count the first limp/cc raise and ignore other completely, cause the cat is already out of the bag. But what about folds here? ...hmmm.

?Does It do this if i put % after R?

Thank you guys for the info. If they both count same opp I will just use yours. Less=More right.

? I am just getting started with the format stats thingy and was wondering if their way a way to count the times the player has a (1/1) count for the hand but at some point folds pf like in the above example the last UTG(or BU) call was a fold instead. I still want the 1/1 but format a fold count here maybe. This could happen here if UTG player has a strong had like KK or maybe QQ, AK but not AA and then trapper gets trapped here by BU AA(5b above maybe) or KK(UTG AK QQ). Is this possible?

Thanks Again kraada and WhiteRider! I hope I made this clear enough for you. It makes sense to me!
antiguy
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Limp Raise Mod

Postby kraada » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Your (*) cases where they call an all in make the whole situation a bit more tricky. However you can catch cases when a player is all in preflop by looking for times they saw a flop and their flop action string was empty (lookup_actions_f.action = '' - and note that's two 's not one ").

Any button who folds in your (**) case plays pretty horribly (consider how much money must be in the pot by now), therefore I don't think we need to worry about this at all (plus, I can't imagine this happening ever).

The % after 'CR' only adds in more options - for example, your final BU calls/raises if not all in - if he raised there his total action string would be CRR - and not be caught by 'CR' but would be caught by 'CR%'.

Honestly I would not worry about your person UTG folding to a 5-bet. I'm 99.9% sure if I looked for that situation in any of my 20+ million hands I have in various databases that it would come up less than 5 times. I'm about 95% sure it wouldn't come up even once.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Limp Raise Mod

Postby antiguy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:06 pm

That makes sense. I was trying to throw in all the situations in one betting sequence and I guess I am overthinking it. I know in the end it won't be to terribly useful but I like to try new ways to look at things.

I folded the button in the end... :oops:
antiguy
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Limp Raise Mod

Postby kraada » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Maybe the stack sizes in your specific case justified it, but given all of that raising it seems like you'd have odds to call with nearly anything you're in there with.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests