Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby RapeFruit » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:26 am

Hello everybody,

since I'm playing sometimes just 4 , and other times up to 12 tables, I would be interested in the impact of the multitable ratio on the outcome... does anyone of you have such a filter, and if not, how much effort is necessary to create such a filter?


sincerely
RapeFruit
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:18 am

Re: Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby kraada » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:09 am

It's not possible at this point to filter using the Filters system for this value, but there is one thing you could do that might work for you. On the Sessions - By Time (or Tournaments - By Time, depending on what you're playing) report, if you click the MT Ratio column header, PT3 will sort the data by that value. You can then double click each session above any given number and PT3 will filter to those sessions. If you go to your General tab you'll then only see data from the selected sessions.

It might be a bit tedious, but it would work.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby RapeFruit » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:23 am

Hi,

actually this is a good idea and it is at least a good workaround :)

It would be nice if you guys could build such a feature maybe in future versions :)


kind regards
RapeFruit
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:18 am

Re: Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby kraada » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:41 am

I'll discuss this with the development team to see what we can do. MT Ratio information isn't stored per se as information in the database though so it may be a bit tricky to get added.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby pasita » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:25 pm

kraada wrote:It might be a bit tedious


Yeah, a bit:)

Now that I finally got the idea what the selecting of sessions actually does, I could see some use for this. Any way of getting the selection done like a standard Windows selection, using shift and control?
Once I've selected a truckload of sessions, is the easiest way to get them deselected actually restarting PT3?

Edit: ok I found the easiest way: add a filter for number of players. That'll clear all the doubleclicking you've done for the last 5 minutes. Which is not nice if you don't know that.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Clicking Clear also removes all filters. I believe the double click requirement was added so that people didn't cause unnecessary database queries just by clicking on a session, but I'll make a note to revisit this with the development team at the appropriate time.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby pasita » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:02 am

I didn't realize I was making a filter by double clicking on the sessions. "Clear" makes sense now. Unfortunately it also clears any other filter I've set up.

It's kind of confusing how different filters affect different displays. I guess this was the first time I saw a filter affect "Player Summary" display. I'd think it would be useful to note in a display if there's a filter in work that alters the data.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby kraada » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:40 am

By default when filters are enabled there should be a blue link on the bottom of the Player Statistics report saying "These numbers may not match the above numbers" and you can click it to find out more. If you check the box not to see it again though, it won't pop up further.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby pasita » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:01 am

Ok this is going to sound nitpicky (for a reason:) ) , but if you have a load of sessions selected by double clicking, and you look at General Tab, you see the blue link. Although then the numbers are actually matching. If you look at Hands Tab, you don't see the link (well, the numbers match so no real need to) but the session filter is on without any indication.

So I guess what I'd like to see is an indication to each Display on different tabs, telling what filters are at work (obv. if I have a load of sessions arbitrarily selected, a mere "Selected sessions" would do for that part). Then when I create an extended display the data could be easily shown there too. (Please give that request a bump in your team's task list).
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Filter: Filter Sessions by approximated Multitable Ratio

Postby kraada » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:17 am

I'll see what I can do - I agree a more uniform notification method would be an improvement.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests