3bet vs cold call

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

3bet vs cold call

Postby ShyPh » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:20 pm

I've defined two collumns:

Code: Select all
sum(if[ holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet AND
NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp) AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.position < 8, 1, 0])

and
Code: Select all
sum(if[ holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_ccall AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_opp AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.position < 8, 1, 0])


Some how, these two are always equal which is a bit strang to me, am I missing something?
What I'm after is some kind of cold call vs 3bet stat out of the blinds, they are divided by the same oppurtunity count:
Code: Select all
sum(if[ holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_opp AND
NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp) AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.position < 8, 1, 0])
ShyPh
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 pm

Re: 3bet vs cold call

Postby kraada » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:52 pm

A few things: position < 8 will be any non-blind position. So you'll only get hands from non-blind setups, which sounds like the opposite of what you want.

However, I can't see any reason why those two columns should be equivalent. The first is true when someone not in a blind actually 3-bets. The second is true anytime someone has a chance to 3bet and instead called. I see no reason why they would correlate. How large are your samples here?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: 3bet vs cold call

Postby ShyPh » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:27 am

What I'm actually after is that stat for players that are not in the blinds seperated between 3bet in positie and out of position (relative to the raiser) and call pfr ip and oop.
I have an idea to define the stat differently (and more correctly) but I'm unsure if this will work or not, it depends on how pt is implemented.
What I want to do is use the val_p_raise_aggressor_pos variable. However, to do this I am assuming that pt does the something in the line of:
- player does action, pt sets all flags / variables, and increments the counts.
- another player does next action, pt sets all flags, and increments the counts.
So basically after each action it sets the flags / variables and checks if it needs to increment any counts.

Instead of:
Pt3 imports the hand sets flags / variables for the whole hand and then increments counts.

What I'm wondering is if the val_p_raise_aggressor_pos variable will ever be cutoff in the following situation:
Preflop, gets folded down to co, who raises -> will val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 1 when btn does an action independant of btn / sb / bb action?
e.g. Button calls and the sb 3bets. Will button get a call pfr ip count (assuming my custom stat works properly)?

The stat would then be something like sum[ if( position > val_p_raise_aggressor_pos AND 3bet, 1, 0)] that would then count as a 3bet ip count, oop would then be position < val_p_raise_aggressor_pos
ShyPh
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 pm


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests